Profile Picture

Custom character workflow

Posted By oliverwatson 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
oliverwatson
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I'd like to use Reallusion software (+Blender?) to create a 3D "talking wall" character (see reference images) and animate it with motion live. Can anyone suggest a workflow for this?

I've tried using the Blender CC3 plug-in to bring a CC3 character into Blender and sculpt its face into a wall shape, but it's virtually impossible to do without changing the face topology. I also tried modelling a face from scratch in Blender and rigging the eyes and mouth with Rigify, but preparing it in 3DXchange seems overly complicated because it's only a head rather than a full character. It seems like something that should be dead easy to do, but I can't figure out the right approach. Any suggestions? By the way, I'm a 3D character newbie, in case you hadn't already surmised.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a02f416d-0ce0-4e33-8320-35a4.png
Edited
2 Years Ago by oliverwatson
vidi
This post has been flagged as an answer
vidi
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
CC3 is not for that kind of  character

3D xchange need a human skeleton to retarget  the iClone bones, but that do not mean all Bones needs a mesh

in Blender create you wall face and skin only the head bone and maybe the neck bone , the other bones are only for to get the green button in 3d xchange 

in the expression editor in 3D xchange import all you facial morphs and assign,  so that you can use your own profile for the lipsync and facial feature in iClone. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
2 Years Ago by vidi
oliverwatson
oliverwatson
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)Junior Member (125 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, Vidi. Thanks so much for the quick and helpful response.
That all makes sense. The reason I wanted to try to use CC3 was so I wouldn't have to model the morphs. Is there no way to do this without modelling? I'd buy them, but I've never heard of 3D characters coming with embedded morphs. Maybe I'll do a faux 3D character in Cartoon Animator.
vidi
vidi
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Is there no way to do this without modelling?

Automatically created Blend shapes

I have no Idea of this, because I make all my models and blendshape self 

https://www.polywink.com/9-automatic-expressions-blendshapes-on-demand.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Reading This Topic