Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

If you have ANY DAZ avatar, clothing or hair that doesn't work

Author
shadybearbklyn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi Mike,
I'm trying to import DForce Long Layered Hair, but it crashes CC3 when I try to use transformer. Most of my assets from DAZ have worked fine when imported into CC3, but I'm not sure what's up with this one. 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Yeah, as a very general rule I would stay away from any DForce hair (I have not found it to work very well even when you can bring it over).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
ryobg
ryobg
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello!

Not sure this is the best place, but I'm interested in using horns for my character (e.g. https://www.daz3d.com/universal-horns-for-genesis-8-males). What I'm mostly interested tho is to be able to morph them later in UE. I somehow hightly doubt this will be possible.

But even if I want to make them directly in CC, I think it won't be possible as adding such feature would cause different topology and stretching, not to mention the textures needs to be paint over to match. So probably I will need to create separate meshes and somehow glue them to the different head morphs. Can't wrap my head around it, lol. Thanks for any advices.

Thanks!
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

I think your basic problem is your lack of understanding of how Daz and CC3 work together (or even how things work in Daz).

Those horns are not part of the anatomy.  They are best thought of as props, the same way a gun or handbag would be.  They only attach to the character just the way, in CC3, an accessory does.  And that is how you would bring them into CC3, as an accessory (I have the female horn package and have used them on both male and female characters -- the beauty of CC3 is that anything for a female will fit the male and vice versa).

I'm not sure what "morphs" you have in mind, or how you intend to make them, but at least bringing them into CC3 is no issue (and, as accessories, you can mod them outside in any program you want and still reimport them).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
ryobg
ryobg
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)

I see, so if I consider them as props/clothes then they just have to be rigged to conform the geometry in the same way. My point was that I need these horns to stick to the underlying geometry even if the head is morphed at runtime in UE.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ah, okay then we are out of my pay grade (I know nothing about UE).

Inside of iClone you could do this -- you could weight them as, say, hair and then when you applied a head morph they would change to match (more or less -- you might have to adjust them further but as hair you can do this).  If I had to do this in, say, Max I'd create two separate figures and then just do a cross dissolve between them but, as I said, I'm WAY outta my depth here.

Perhaps asking on the UE forums you'd get some answers that would be helpful.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
ryobg
ryobg
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

No, problem. What you have said might do it. I mean, CC3 can export compatible UE meshes. So if these horns can be imported, this likely would mean that they can be exported too. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and try. Thank you really!
ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Hello, thanks in advance for your assistance.  My problem is hair imported with a G3F character from DAZ is not displaying well in CC3 or in Iclone 7.  I have attached screens of my workflow.  I would welcome any advice for making the hair look fuller, without gaps, like it displays in Daz 4.

Thanks,  Nathan
Nahtan

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/38c2cd79-7ac9-4e3a-90f0-cf73.jpg

Nathan

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It's really up to you how thick or realistic you want this hair to look (you can't do both -- the default alpha maps loaded in make it look very realistic, but thickening the hair tends to make it look less so -- no such thing in life as a free lunch, and there are tradeoffs everywhere).

The developer, OOT, uses a set of 10 alpha maps on her hair to control this, and you can do the same.  So, for example, if I select all the hair except for the hair cap (leave that alone) and put in the opacity marked 10OOTNekoHairAlpha, I get this thickness:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/80b7cb4b-a956-4f53-aff1-21f2.png

Which is as thick as anyone would want.  Personally, I'd leave it with the default maps, but you are welcome to mix and match and play -- Transformer can only bring in automagically the default maps.

The OOT alphas are located in Runtime/Textures/outoftouch/!hair/OOTHairBlending2/NekoAlpha.  Have fun playing!

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Thanks so much for your response, Mike.

Nathan

Reading This Topic