Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

If you have ANY DAZ avatar, clothing or hair that doesn't work

Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Someone on another thread asked if there was a list of things that don't transform well (or at all) into CC3 -- such a list would be impossible to generate for almost anyone (*I* could do it but RL would not pay me enough money to do so, and RL doesn't have the content to do it).

So here's the dealio: I will be glad to help anyone with any Daz avatar, clothing, or hair they are having trouble with.  Just post it in this thread with the exact name (and in the case of clothing, the Genesis version it works with) and I'll check it out.  *Most* of the time I have the items, particularly if they've been out a while (I don't buy anything unless it's been out a few months and is no longer "New" -- there are some exceptions to this, when they have a particularly good sale or I can't resist).  

By and large just about everything transforms well but there are a few "gotchas" and we can work through them.  And if we can identify actual bugs the devs will be grateful and hopefully can fix.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Camonra
Camonra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thanks for the offer to help.  I'm having a weird issue with bridging polygons, sometimes on import, sometimes on resize in Character Creator. When I bring the Character back into iClone, the boots and thighs having these weird polygons.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/60526d8c-409f-4522-931d-2672.png

Is there an easy way to "break" this bond?  Can it be avoided altogether?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Kellytoons I'm looking for content and found this on the Daz site, https://www.daz3d.com/mid-victorian-outfit-textures-for-genesis-8-male-s
Can this be imported into Iclone and if so how?
Thanks
Neal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Works fine with CC3 Pipeline:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fb53f87a-1ce5-4f21-8ac0-2221.png

Now, I did have to add a bit of physics to the bottom of the coat, as well as hide some of the underlying skin (but that is typical of most outfits).  Otherwise it was a completely straightforward import (took less than five minutes).

(And thanks for giving me some ideas -- I'm going to generate a bunch of these guys for my London street scene).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
emanicus
emanicus
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Kelleytoons, I have Psionne in DAZ3 which is a G8 figure that comes with a suit. They transfer incorrectly on first try in CC3 but running collision fixes everything beside the suit arms and the suit feet. Attached here is what I get. Do you know how it can be fixed? Thank you, e.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/94b36ab4-1884-4d30-9cbf-7f8a.jpg
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm going to guess this can be solved similar to the video I did showing how to do the cybernetic arms (available on my channel).  But I have that suit so I'll take a closer look.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wow, this suit is kind of a hot mess.

The problem is in Daz it's bound to the wrong bones, and I'm no Daz expert and can't figure out how to make this work any better.  Note that no matter what you do you'll have a problem since you won't be able to get the fingers to move properly unless you weight map this to gloves (but then the rest of the suit won't work).

You'll note that the suit comes in as an accessory, with no option to change (other than to hair, which is just another form of accessory).  So when you apply default cloth weights the bones are not bound correctly.  I honestly think this is a Daz issue and can't be resolved from the CC3 side (and, as I said, I don't know enough about Daz to know what to do about it --you could try contacting the suit author and see what she has to say).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, I got it working, but it's a royal PITA and I'm not so sure it's worth it (which is why I always suggest that if anyone is going to buy something from Daz they ought to ask me first).

Here's what you have to do (and I could make a video tutorial if you like, because it IS a hot mess): first export from Daz the suit only as an OBJ.  Bring into Blender and cut all but the arms off (you can follow this same process if you want the feet to bend accurately, but you can get away with just faking it).  Export the arms as an obj and bring into your CC3 as you have it now as an accessory.  You'll need to edit the mesh because the arms won't *quite* line up in the t-pose, but you can get them pretty close without a lot of effort.  Now hide the parts of the suit and almost all the body you don't need.  Voila!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/389df4aa-b773-427f-9774-056c.png

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
emanicus
emanicus
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
WOW!!! It is a HOT MESS man!!! First of all... THANK YOU SO MUCH  for taking the time and go through endless attempts to get it to work... This Psionne was going to be an AI to a team of "soldiers"... she was appropriate for the theme of my animation but before you spend more time creating a video for me, give me some time to see if I can find an alternative to Psionne. Attached below would have been what she would have looked like makeup and all... I like your idea to cut the suite and actually bring it back in separately as OBJ... that is clever. I noticed things were though from the beginning when I noticed you can't T pose it unless you T pose the figure first and then dress it with the suite but I didn't expect this nightmare... LOL... If I contact the artist creator, what should I ask?  If she aware of this issue or if there is a reason for the suite bones wrong alignment? It is worth to ask... nothing to lose... please, let me know what you would ask her. Thank you so much KT!!! Waiting for your reply...https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/38b65aa1-404f-4cf3-b255-7ad5.jpg 

Reading This Topic