Posted By Kelleytoons Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

If you have ANY DAZ avatar, clothing or hair that doesn't work

Author
Kelleytoons
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Someone on another thread asked if there was a list of things that don't transform well (or at all) into CC3 -- such a list would be impossible to generate for almost anyone (*I* could do it but RL would not pay me enough money to do so, and RL doesn't have the content to do it).

So here's the dealio: I will be glad to help anyone with any Daz avatar, clothing, or hair they are having trouble with.  Just post it in this thread with the exact name (and in the case of clothing, the Genesis version it works with) and I'll check it out.  *Most* of the time I have the items, particularly if they've been out a while (I don't buy anything unless it's been out a few months and is no longer "New" -- there are some exceptions to this, when they have a particularly good sale or I can't resist).  

By and large just about everything transforms well but there are a few "gotchas" and we can work through them.  And if we can identify actual bugs the devs will be grateful and hopefully can fix.

Alienware Aurora R7, Win 10, i7-8700k, 4.7GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX Titan XP (12GB), Samsung 960 Pro 2TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jmontgom
jmontgom
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Thanks for the offer to help.  I'm having a weird issue with bridging polygons, sometimes on import, sometimes on resize in Character Creator. When I bring the Character back into iClone, the boots and thighs having these weird polygons.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/60526d8c-409f-4522-931d-2672.png

Is there an easy way to "break" this bond?  Can it be avoided altogether?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)

Alienware Aurora R7, Win 10, i7-8700k, 4.7GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX Titan XP (12GB), Samsung 960 Pro 2TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Hi Kellytoons I'm looking for content and found this on the Daz site, https://www.daz3d.com/mid-victorian-outfit-textures-for-genesis-8-male-s
Can this be imported into Iclone and if so how?
Thanks
Neal
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Works fine with CC3 Pipeline:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fb53f87a-1ce5-4f21-8ac0-2221.png

Now, I did have to add a bit of physics to the bottom of the coat, as well as hide some of the underlying skin (but that is typical of most outfits).  Otherwise it was a completely straightforward import (took less than five minutes).

(And thanks for giving me some ideas -- I'm going to generate a bunch of these guys for my London street scene).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic