Profile Picture

"Get Cartoon Animator 4 WITH FACIAL MOCAP NOW! -----NO NOT REALLY----- NOT INCLUDED WITH...

Posted By ms12 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

"Get Cartoon Animator 4 WITH FACIAL MOCAP NOW! -----NO NOT...

Author
Jerome V
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks a lot for your reply, Peter.

Your explanation makes sense. Maybe the Sales department could hire you, because a lot of negative feedback can easily be avoided by honest & prompt communication and you seem to understand that.
Just to be sure, I assume it will still be possible to use the iClone Kinect mocap plug-in in iClone, and then import the iMotion file in Cartoon Animator 4, right?

By the way, I have decided to test the trial of Cartoon Animator 4 to see if it fits my needs, after all, I still have two weeks to make a decision before the 'early bird' offer expires.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 18 minutes ago
Jerome V (5/15/2019)
Thanks a lot for your reply, Peter.

Your explanation makes sense. Maybe the Sales department could hire you, because a lot of negative feedback can easily be avoided by honest & prompt communication and you seem to understand that.
Just to be sure, I assume it will still be possible to use the iClone Kinect mocap plug-in in iClone, and then import the iMotion file in Cartoon Animator 4, right?

By the way, I have decided to test the trial of Cartoon Animator 4 to see if it fits my needs, after all, I still have two weeks to make a decision before the 'early bird' offer expires.

Hi Jerome

Thanks for the kind words. You can certainly continue to use the Kinect Mocap Device Plugin with iClone and transfer recorded motions to CTA4 as you did before. As was the case with CTA3 you can only apply these motions to G2 characters but G2 characters are still fully supported in CTA4.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Jerome V
Jerome V
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Good to know my Kinect controller will be useful in Cartoon Animator 4 after all. Thanks!
cjab81
cjab81
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm really frustrated by this as well.  The promotional email last year stated:

"To celebrate this awesome news, if you purchase CrazyTalk Animator 3 PRO or Pipeline bundle, then you will get a FREE upgrade to Cartoon Animator 4, with 2 bonuses! "
"Cartoon Animator 4 is going to bring you the evolution in 2D animation with precise motion editing, 360 degree head turn, webcam facial mocap and more."

No mention that the Mocap would be an additional cost. 

So I paid the $199 price for CTA3 Pipeline and waited for v4 to release.  Now I find that I have to pay another $99 to get the Mocap feature, making the total price paid $298.  I may not have made the purchase had I known the full price.

And had I *not* made the purchase, I could today have bought the CA4 + Mocap bundle for $269, saving myself $30.

(I am aware that I also got CTA3 for my $199 BUT I made the purchase as a pre-order of CA4, did not use CTA3 while waiting for v4 to come out, and can't imagine I'll have a need to use CTA3 in future.  First and last time I will make this mistake of pre-ordering!)
Edited
5 Years Ago by cjab81
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 18 minutes ago
cjab81 (5/29/2019)
I'm really frustrated by this as well.  The promotional email last year stated:

"To celebrate this awesome news, if you purchase CrazyTalk Animator 3 PRO or Pipeline bundle, then you will get a FREE upgrade to Cartoon Animator 4, with 2 bonuses! "
"Cartoon Animator 4 is going to bring you the evolution in 2D animation with precise motion editing, 360 degree head turn, webcam facial mocap and more."

No mention that the Mocap would be an additional cost. 

So I paid the $199 price for CTA3 Pipeline and waited for v4 to release.  Now I find that I have to pay another $99 to get the Mocap feature, making the total price paid $298.  I may not have made the purchase had I known the full price.

And had I *not* made the purchase, I could today have bought the CA4 + Mocap bundle for $269, saving myself $30.

(I am aware that I also got CTA3 for my $199 BUT I made the purchase as a pre-order of CA4, did not use CTA3 while waiting for v4 to come out, and can't imagine I'll have a need to use CTA3 in future.  First and last time I will make this mistake of pre-ordering!)

We are sorry to hear you feel disappointed. If you have any concerns about your purchase, please feel free to contact Custom Support using the link below. They will do their best to try and help you.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic