If you have ANY DAZ avatar, clothing or hair that doesn't work

Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

If you have ANY DAZ avatar, clothing or hair that doesn't work

Author
emanicus
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
OK Now we have a consistent issue when we convert DAZ3D "GEO SHELLS", this is a different product and a different artist (product = SOF-1A for G8 and G3) and both behave exactly the same and 1 thing I saw they have in common is this fact that the suit (called shell) is defined as "geo shell" in DAZ. Differently from previous shell, this one come through CC3 as "cloth" so maybe there is a way to fix it? I opened a can of worms with these robots females but if we give up then we stop the future from happening... LOL... Should we contact Reallusion or let them know? Can we get their attention on this matter? Please, let me know your thoughts... THANKS!!!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8c42d0e3-6454-4398-96d0-82a4.jpg
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I am still on iC6 and CC2 but geoshells what I do is export an obj I then use Transfer utility on in DAZ studio and geometry editor to remove unneeded bits
also geoshells are basically textures on an offset mesh so you can just put those textures in layered image editor (LIE) under diffuse and use them on the base mesh.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Wendy, I love you.

Okay, so I SAID my knowledge of Daz was limited -- never knew this about GeoShells.  But armed with that information, in just a few minutes I was able to do this:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b5d3c11d-5bbe-4d10-92c3-5095.png

The beauty is we don't have to worry about overlaying textures or any other hard to do crap -- I just edited the ini file that allows you to load custom textures in using Transformer, and it brought in those Psionne suit textures as if they were skin.  Which combined with the Psionne suit (most of which I hid except for the head piece) makes a perfect fit (note: I didn't do the finger and toe nails, or even the bump and roughness maps, as this was just  quick test).

I think I can also automate this via Python as part of my old Blender routines -- I'll play with this in the evening.  In the meantime I may even make a quick tutorial, as this opens up a ton of GeoShells I have, up until now, just avoided using.

Thanks again, Wendy!

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
LIE is not hard, it's just an image layering function in DAZ studio that creates temporary maps which will FBX export baked,  you can do the same thing in Gimp or photoshop or as you found, Blender.

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
KT!!!
I got a gotcha-primavera for you!  

Actually, it came up a while back, don't know if it was ever addressed further -
the detached brow thing for some G8 figures. 

Ever come across needing this yet?  Because at worse you can just use add your own eyebrow to the face texture, most of these figures have that option instead of using the detached brows.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wendyluvscatz (4/4/2019)
LIE is not hard, it's just an image layering function in DAZ studio that creates temporary maps which will FBX export baked,  you can do the same thing in Gimp or photoshop or as you found, Blender.

No, you missed the bottom line of my tutorial -- we don't do anything with the maps.  Transformer (which you don't have) just bakes them properly for us, no mess, no bother.  All I do in Blender is IDENTIFY the maps which need to be put in (and it will do that automagically).  So, one button press, and Geo-Shells are imported as CC3 figures.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

TonyDPrime (4/4/2019)
KT!!!

Actually, it came up a while back, don't know if it was ever addressed further -

Ever come across needing this yet?  Because at worse you can just use add your own eyebrow to the face texture, most of these figures have that option instead of using the detached brows.

Detached brows do come in just fine, Tony.  They don't deform the way a regular brow would, but that's a morph issue, not an import one (and, honestly, I hate the look of them anyway and never use them).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
Kelleytoons (4/4/2019)
TonyDPrime (4/4/2019)
KT!!!

Detached brows do come in just fine, Tony.  They don't deform the way a regular brow would, but that's a morph issue, not an import one (and, honestly, I hate the look of them anyway and never use them).

See!??  It's actually so Gotcha-Primavera that it is BOTH an import issue, and not an import issue, at the same time!
emanicus
emanicus
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you so much Wendy, I understand now why Kelleytoons is in love with you... You guys have so much knowledge, I like to learn from you guys...

Reading This Topic