Troubleshooting: Can't Launch iClone 6?

Posted By Peter (RL) 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Are you receiving an "Initialization Failed" message when starting iClone 6 or is iClone 6 simply refusing to start?

If so please read below for some possible solutions.

Please first check that your computer meets the minimum specifications shown on the page below. If they don't then unfortunately you won't be able to run iClone 6.

http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_requirements.aspx

If your system does meet the minimum specifications, please try updating your graphics drivers and ensure you have the latest available. Please see the links below to check.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

If your computer has switchable graphics, please do ensure you are running the iClone.exe found in the folder below with the more powerful graphics card (Normally Nvidia or AMD). Do not choose the Intel graphics option.

C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 6\Bin64

Then run Windows Update to ensure your system is fully updated. In Windows 7 you can do this by clicking Start > All Programs > Windows Update > Check For updates. In Windows 8 go to the Start Screen and type Windows Update. Then select "Check For Update" from the search list.

If you still have problems, please install the Update below:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/4/3/F431C6D1-D581-459E-BB01-A6AEBBB779FC/Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu

For issues where iClone 6 refuses to start but you don't get an "Initialization Failed" message, please try right clicking the iClone 6 icon and choose "Run As Administrator". This may help.

If after checking all of the above you still can't launch iClone 6, please can you contact our Technical Support department using the link below. Please do ensure you send us your dxdiag.txt file so we can check your system for any obvious problems.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

a) Select the "Start" button.
b) Type "dxdiag" and click "dxdiag.exe" from the search list.
c) It will then check your system for a while, after finishing, click "save all information"
d) Save "DxDiag.txt". and send this to us as an attachment.

Thank you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

tabsabit99
tabsabit99
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago

thanks for nothing real illusions
Edited
2 Years Ago by tabsabit99
Sen
Sen
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
@tabsabit99 : read system requirement posted on July 2014 ( 5 month ago) Smile .

CGTRADER

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 11 minutes ago
tabsabit99 (12/21/2014)
Make sure you have win7 sp1 or win8 as realillusion pushed out win vista users for I 6

Are there any Vista users left?...Unsure

And aren't you clever: "real illusions"...Doze

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
10 Years Ago by animagic
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
tabsabit99 (12/21/2014)
Make sure you have win7 sp1 or win8 as realillusion pushed out win vista users for I 6

I'm sorry but the improvements in iClone 6 necessitate that we more on from older OS's like Windows XP and Vista. I do understand it is frustrating but we all have move forward if we want to use latest software.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

SilverSkyFox
SilverSkyFox
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
i am unable to open iclone 6 on my notebook, 5 was no problem (iclone pro) as i will always get this error message you can see on the screenshot.

my system is a Lenovo ThinkPad W510
intel core i7 Q720 CPU
16GB DDR3 RAM
nvidia quadro FX880M
Windows 7 Professional 64bit (SP1)

woestyn101
woestyn101
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I also have the same problem and reallusion just can't support Iclone 6 to work properly on all pc's and notebooks. I have decided just to ignore reallusion's special offers from now because that is the way they tricked me to buy enough stuff to qualify for the Icone 6.

I mean, look at the size of your pc 'SilverSkyFox': 16 GB Ram, i7 and you can't get Icone 6 to run. This is a joke!
Edited
9 Years Ago by woestyn101
colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
If Reallusion didn't make abundantly clear iC6's Recommended Hardware Specs (Which in practise should be considered the Minimum for full iC6 & Indigo functionality) and the OS, in their iC6 Promotions, before iC6 was released, I'd be requesting a Refund for iC6 Full price, to offset the price of any purchased Content, that's unusable in iC6.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

musicaz
musicaz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
for sure . !!
Edited
8 Years Ago by musicaz
SilverSkyFox
SilverSkyFox
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
woestyn101 (1/16/2015)
I also have the same problem and reallusion just can't support Iclone 6 to work properly on all pc's and notebooks. I have decided just to ignore reallusion's special offers from now because that is the way they tricked me to buy enough stuff to qualify for the Icone 6.

I mean, look at the size of your pc 'SilverSkyFox': 16 GB Ram, i7 and you can't get Icone 6 to run. This is a joke!

Well, my i7 is/was the slowest i7 with 1,6ghz but that shouldn't be a problem as Iclone 5.5 Pro was running without any issue or needed to upgrade the drivers.

Reading This Topic