MOV transparency in iClone

Posted By Animaniac 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Animaniac
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Folks, I was wondering if there is a way to activate the transparency with mov's in iClone?
Can't seem to get it working yet, though I have just updated everything and will give it another go. I was applying the mov to a surface and it's not coming out with the transparency.
Any ideas?
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Animaniac (4/19/2021)
Hi Folks, I was wondering if there is a way to activate the transparency with mov's in iClone?
Can't seem to get it working yet, though I have just updated everything and will give it another go. I was applying the mov to a surface and it's not coming out with the transparency.
Any ideas?
I still prefer to export popVideo to iClone. 
Because you have to add opacity material to the surface.
But you will get an un-sync animation between Base Color and Opacity.

Import mov to iClone:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3b12f85c-f6ae-4b13-91d6-2fc0.gif

Import popVideo to iClone:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bc3a8018-9b4a-48b6-9248-44fa.gif
Animaniac
Animaniac
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)

Thanks! I was wondering about that. I couldn't get the transparency to work at all, I imported the mov with transparency into the opacity section, but still not a good result. Very odd. But it looks like the shadows work better with pop video too.
brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Kylelee,thank you for that tip ,I didn't know Popvideo could cast shadows like that in iClone,this opens up more ideas.

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

You are welcome,
I am expecting to see having more testing between Cartoon Animator and iClone. 

Reading This Topic