Profile Picture

Can Characters Made With iClone 6 CC Be Copyrighted?

Posted By GrandMasterMystic 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem.png
GrandMasterMystic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi everyone I was wondering if iClone 6 Character Creator has the same terms as DAZ3d where I can't get copyrights to the characters I make? I researched and found out that only in still renders and cg films can DAZ3d characters be copyrighted. So in terms of game development me and no one else can receive copyrights to prevent others from replicating my character. I don't know if that's just with DAZ3d or does iClone 6 CC have the same terms but I need to know immediately what are the terms of the Character Creator since I can't find it anywhere. I'd like to be able to have some rights to characters I make since I'm not yet good enough to make my own clothing from scratch for my characters in other 3d software.
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
That's an interesting question GrandMasterMystic, I don't think it's ever been discussed here before.  Reallusion is really big on DRM protection that I do know, you might get a better idea of that part by reading through this thread. https://forum.reallusion.com/290912/License-Requirements-to-Export-CC-into-FBX-file?Keywords=drm

Also read the Reallusion Content End User License Agreement for a closer look at your rights regarding Reallusion content.  I'm curious to see what others will think of this question too. Smile

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

GrandMasterMystic
GrandMasterMystic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Ah I see so in other words if I completely change the edge loops and uv maps of the characters and their clothing that's when I can get copyrights for them?

Reading This Topic