What's New in Character Creator 3.4

Posted By Miranda (RL) 3 Years Ago
Rated 3.7 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (119.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Please do not report issues in this thread. You may discuss the new features but all issues or bugs found should be reported in the official issues thread below. Thank you.

https://forum.reallusion.com/476511/OFFICIAL-Character-Creator-34-Issues-Thread

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

heyider
heyider
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
ashleigh_222066 (3/24/2021)
I'm quite disappointed in this update. No wrinkle system, the hair system is basically just a system that breaks down hair into different objects, the hair looks just as bad as the previous hair but now you can "change colors easily", theres no hair physics, no UE4 Groom conversion, no way to easily make your own hair styles in CC, and no black/afro options or styles. Very much a let down for me.

Me too!!!
For years the industry has been clamoring for a good tool to create hair, with the quality of reallusion, I thought it would finally happen.
I expected more from the hair system, I hope it is just the beginning of an advanced system.
Edited
3 Years Ago by heyider
oonabe
oonabe
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I was pretty excited when I saw the first videos on this update because I thought we were getting a really useful smart hair tool, and I can't complain about the new features because this particular update doesn't cost any additional money, but I can't avoid thinking that the idea that many of us were hoping for might never happen, and I'm talking about a really smart hair tool that like the rest of the software allows us users to customize not only textures and colors but also shapes in an easy way.

But the new smart hair tool only works on textures and colors and the question is, is this just a step in the direction many of us was hoping for or is this a wanted limitation and just some sort of bait to try to get us purchasing more and more hairstyles from the content store since we cannot create custom shapes directly in CC3?

I also have to say that the tongue addition and the expression plus are great, so the update is very welcome in general, I only wanted to point out that I would be more than ready to pay for an additional tool or major update that would include a flexibility for hair creation and customization as great as CC3 already offers when it comes to body and facial shapes, just not ready to pay for hair collections because these never completely match what I'm looking for.
ingmarbuchner
ingmarbuchner
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
My only desire for the 3.4 update was the release of the dynamic wrinkle system. Alas...
The new explus blend morphs and smart hair tool does seem like a welcome advancement though.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (65.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the confusion. The new Smart Hair indeed inherit soft physics capability like all other Reallusion hairs, which you can see from the embedded female hair.

Why we marked the Prime Hairstyle is incompatible with physics is because not all hair items in this pack has physics weight map assignment. Due to the negligence of source UV design during production, some of the hair UV are not that good for proper physics display.

The ponytail supports physics:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f7d1ba2e-2386-4294-8638-7bed.jpg

There will be another component-based Smart Hair - Hair Builder pack coming in Q2.
All hairs will have weight map perfectly setup, so do the hairs in the future.
Hope I have clarified your confusion. Smile

Kelleytoons (3/24/2021)
mrtobycook (3/24/2021)
Kelleytoons (3/24/2021)
Miranda,

You say the "10 hair styles" supplied by that pack do not support physics.  Do you mean the new hair system doesn't support physics?  Or only those particular hairs?  And if only those particular hairs, why not?  You seem to be saying I could not put physics maps on them?  Or that they just don't allow it?

We really need to know this -- what about those hairs prevents physics from working?

Would love to know this too! I’d love to buy the hair pack but a lack of physics unfortunately makes it a no go for me Smile 

Okay, just a quick test -- you *can* put weight maps on at least the hairstyle I tried (the long flowing one).  It's a bit tricky for several reasons, not the least being you can't use (my) old trick of coloring the hair with the UVs to find out what is what.  I'm getting it *mostly* done, although a few stray hairs keep falling off. 

Why physics maps were not provided for at least the longer styles I have no idea -- perhaps they were rushed out, perhaps they didn't feel like physics were needed?  (Wrong, in the case of the long one).  But at least it means physics WILL work on the new hair stuff.

rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I will try to cancel my purchase.
Greetings rosuckmedia
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)

Last Active: 10 days ago
Miranda (RL) (3/25/2021)
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the confusion. The new Smart Hair indeed inherit soft physics capability like all other Reallusion hairs, which you can see from the embedded female hair.

Why we marked the Prime Hairstyle is incompatible with physics is because not all hair items in this pack has physics weight map assignment. Due to the negligence of source UV design during production, some of the hair UV are not that good for proper physics display.

The ponytail supports physics:
There will be another component-based Smart Hair - Hair Builder pack coming in Q2.
All hairs will have weight map perfectly setup, so do the hairs in the future.
Hope I have clarified your confusion. Smile

Hi Miranda,

I've purchased the Hair packs but just for clarification, will these packs be updated in the future to fully enable physics with corrected UVs or will we have to purchase new packs?

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
3 Years Ago by wires
rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thank you for all the Information and the new Updates Functions.SmileSmile
Greetings rosuckmedia
Jiinzu
Jiinzu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
hello I haven't understood since I downloaded the patch I have new free objects but I can't use them every time he cc3 downloads sliders but I still can't use them I have to buy the pack on is the content stor correct? or is it a bug?https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bb510072-91d9-4532-94f7-9ad3.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6b3c991a-c921-4e70-8f00-1968.png
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)

Last Active: 10 days ago
Download and run the fixes for the Smart Gallery posted in this post.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic