What's New in Character Creator 3.4

Posted By Miranda (RL) 3 Years Ago
Rated 3.7 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
rosuckmedia
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
wires (3/25/2021)
Miranda (RL) (3/25/2021)
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the confusion. The new Smart Hair indeed inherit soft physics capability like all other Reallusion hairs, which you can see from the embedded female hair.

Why we marked the Prime Hairstyle is incompatible with physics is because not all hair items in this pack has physics weight map assignment. Due to the negligence of source UV design during production, some of the hair UV are not that good for proper physics display.

The ponytail supports physics:
There will be another component-based Smart Hair - Hair Builder pack coming in Q2.
All hairs will have weight map perfectly setup, so do the hairs in the future.
Hope I have clarified your confusion. Smile

Hi Miranda,

I've purchased the Hair packs but just for clarification, will these packs be updated in the future to fully enable physics with corrected UVs or will we have to purchase new packs?

I would also be interested in this question
I hope we get an answer from Miranda
Greetings rosuckmedia
siesar.music
siesar.music
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (783 reputation)Veteran Member (783 reputation)Veteran Member (783 reputation)Veteran Member (783 reputation)Veteran Member (783 reputation)Veteran Member (783 reputation)Veteran Member (783 reputation)Veteran Member (783 reputation)Veteran Member (783 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, I installed the update and was trying out the new hair types.
I have a problem though.
How much I try to use the free items that the first time it has to download, it doesn't actually download them and keeps every time giving me the message that it has to download and apply the new morph sliders, which never appear.
Some little bug of youth? Basically I can't use the new hair or beard to compose them but only the two ready-made sets.
Maybe it's a problem with the smart gallery, because every time it redirects me to the smart gallery at this stage but then I don't see anything downloaded.
I have attached the two images that show when the problem happens.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/95d42a69-c7cf-4ec5-ba1f-597c.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c4288e1c-56fa-4201-ba0b-a4b6.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f4d260ca-fd24-4d99-a9fe-ac2a.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce65b39f-d6f9-4f36-b9d7-ec1b.jpg
Edited
3 Years Ago by siesar.music
Jiinzu
Jiinzu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
someone found the answer this morning just update cc3 embed hair in free resourceshttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5c8b80dc-a8f6-42c9-8735-a7ef.png
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Nice updates, but will wait with install untill SG hassle is fixed.
And I won't buy "smart" hair without physics Pinch

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

oonabe
oonabe
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
unfortunately that solution above didn't work for me, actually I cannot even find an update option at all, the only thing I can do is uninstall and reinstall it but that doesn't solve the problem for me. hotfix didn't solve the issue either, I hope we get a working solution soon
Edited
3 Years Ago by oonabe
deidrereaystudios
deidrereaystudios
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)

Are there going to be updates with some skin choices that do not come with the default EYEBROWS?? Now that reallusion has come out with the ability to attach eyebrows i have noticed and thought.. Hey what is the point of having the eyebrows attached to the UV from the get go?? Is this a feature I am missing or is this a feature that will be implemented in the future?
@RettRona
@RettRona
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)

It’s to keep the mesh from braking up when the face is animated
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
deidrereaystudios (3/26/2021)
Are there going to be updates with some skin choices that do not come with the default EYEBROWS?? Now that reallusion has come out with the ability to attach eyebrows i have noticed and thought.. Hey what is the point of having the eyebrows attached to the UV from the get go?? Is this a feature I am missing or is this a feature that will be implemented in the future?

Hello, you can go to SkinGen mode, and adjust the opacity of eyebrow to tone down the texture before adding eyebrow mesh.
In order to have correct facial performance, the eyebrow texture could be a good reference when positioning eyebrow mesh.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dc39f3ca-09ba-4421-aaf5-4e1f.png
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Hi rosuckmedia and Mike,

I'm afraid not.  If UV layout is changed, the shape of hair will be changed.
I'm asking for more information from Content Development Team, and will keep you updated if there is any progress.

rosuckmedia (3/26/2021)
wires (3/25/2021)
Miranda (RL) (3/25/2021)
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the confusion. The new Smart Hair indeed inherit soft physics capability like all other Reallusion hairs, which you can see from the embedded female hair.

Why we marked the Prime Hairstyle is incompatible with physics is because not all hair items in this pack has physics weight map assignment. Due to the negligence of source UV design during production, some of the hair UV are not that good for proper physics display.

The ponytail supports physics:
There will be another component-based Smart Hair - Hair Builder pack coming in Q2.
All hairs will have weight map perfectly setup, so do the hairs in the future.
Hope I have clarified your confusion. Smile

Hi Miranda,

I've purchased the Hair packs but just for clarification, will these packs be updated in the future to fully enable physics with corrected UVs or will we have to purchase new packs?

I would also be interested in this question
I hope we get an answer from Miranda
Greetings rosuckmedia

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi everyone,

Good news! Four hairstyles have been updated to support physics. For anyone who purchased the Prime Hairstyles, please update the content from Smart Gallery.

Animation tests for your reference:

Reading This Topic