What's New in Character Creator 3.4

Posted By Miranda (RL) 3 Years Ago
Rated 3.7 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
rosuckmedia
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
@Miranda(RL)
Thanks for the Information.
Greetings rosuckmediaSmile
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thank you Miranda. SmileCool

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

iFlem
iFlem
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Miranda (RL) (4/2/2021)
Hi everyone,

Good news! Four hairstyles have been updated to support physics. For anyone who purchased the Prime Hairstyles, please update the content from Smart Gallery.

Hi Miranda,  Those look great, is there any plans to add weight maps to the long hair assets in the future?  I've tried to do it myself but it turns out I'm very bad at it Hehe
alexlebronanimations
alexlebronanimations
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
When will the others be updated?
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi iFlem and alexlebronanimations,

iFlem, did you mean cute braid long hair? I'm afraid that the rest of hairstyles couldn't be updated. Cute braid long hair is set to skin with shoulders. Although it couldn't be swayed, it won't look weird.  
iFlem
iFlem
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Miranda,

Yeah those were the ones I was referring to, specifically for an unreal export. They are completely static in unreal and without physics they look wrong on a foreground character.  Even the ponytail physics export strangely in unreal (strands fall out of the hair-tie and settle on the character's shoulders, and the hair kind of explodes everywhere when the character starts moving).

I have updated to the 1.2 auto export tool prior to exporting, and tried them in a blank new project as well.

Right now I'm trying to create the weight maps myself and I don't really know what I'm doing/which strands from the opacity map attach where (and subsequently what gradient to apply to that strand section) without a lot of trail and error.  I've tried a few times now but it's proving to be difficult for me and my limited character design skills.

Below is the export without any changes to the weight map:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c0fbb777-c7b5-49d7-8101-9bdf.png
I was hoping for a silver bullet in an update, but if that's not possible as you say I will request a refund and go back to using the legacy hairs that I have.
Edited
3 Years Ago by iFlem
Kulishnekargames
Kulishnekargames
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
If I had known the new soft hair did not have physics, I would have saved my money. I'm getting more and more frustrated with Reallusion. 
The tutorials - The speaker ( nice guy) rushes through them you have to keep pausing the videos. They don't update their videos quickly enough.
I could go on but what for. 
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi iFlem,

Sorry for the late response. The same issue was reported to other forum thread and Feedback Tracker, I'm checking the status with Dev Team now.

iFlem (4/17/2021)
Hi Miranda,

Yeah those were the ones I was referring to, specifically for an unreal export. They are completely static in unreal and without physics they look wrong on a foreground character.  Even the ponytail physics export strangely in unreal (strands fall out of the hair-tie and settle on the character's shoulders, and the hair kind of explodes everywhere when the character starts moving).

I have updated to the 1.2 auto export tool prior to exporting, and tried them in a blank new project as well.

Right now I'm trying to create the weight maps myself and I don't really know what I'm doing/which strands from the opacity map attach where (and subsequently what gradient to apply to that strand section) without a lot of trail and error.  I've tried a few times now but it's proving to be difficult for me and my limited character design skills.

Below is the export without any changes to the weight map:

I was hoping for a silver bullet in an update, but if that's not possible as you say I will request a refund and go back to using the legacy hairs that I have.

Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Just thought I would share Displacement working on a Character made with SkinGen without a seam/crack and give Reallusion insights how I did it.. because I really hope they will add masking/blending or pixel matching soon with corresponding displacement textures 
Method used: copy normal map to the displacement channel, adjust the texture's softness level to 1.0. In this quick example I made the displacement map symmetric so when the sides meet at the middle area of the back of the head, the pixel light/dark values are similar.. they can't be abrupt at the middle area where the texture's edges need to meet wrapped around the head. Reallusion could add masking, blending or add pixels on the edges so the pixel tone is the same. I didn't even have to subdivide the character, it had enough resolution for the displacement to close properly. By default the normal map is almost ideal for displacement, there is a bit of discrepancy of matching pixels and this might be an issue of layering normal maps in SkinGen and baking them. There is a program called "Normalizer" https://beta.friendlyshade.com/normalizer  which combines normal maps mathematically correct by converting all pixels to vectors before any operation. I have a concern that SkinGen simply layers normal maps on top of each other and is expected to just work out. When i look at the end result of layering, the shadows from normals on cheeks connected to the nose and neck wrinkles don't seem to change with the lighting angle but rather just make the face look dirty or as if darkness is painted on the face. Anyway you can see how powerful and simple this method is just using a normal map as a displacement map.. details such as pores are now possible! no more flat surface,  just imagine this used for large creatures with soft body physics based on the character's weight maps (which areas contain more fat or loose skin and parts that don't)  

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Edited
3 Years Ago by Ascensi
cynsegura
cynsegura
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi there I would like to know if for unity. Blend shapes are imported or I need to do manual blendshapes with c3plus from cc3.4 Please let me know. many thanks! Because I need the character for talking in unity for talking like a real person. I need all the info you have about this. Many thanks

Reading This Topic