Mouth Open on Daz Character from CC3 to Unity

Posted By cloud.ninja 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cloud.ninja
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I deleted my animation controller - the mouth is still open
I unchecked "Auto-Processing" AND left the "Auto-Processing" window open while making changes to the settings - the mouth is still open.
I played an animation - the mouth is still open.
I also noticed that after making changes in the muscles and settings, clicking "apply", then "done" - when I re-open the muscles and settings - the changes are *not* applied?
Any additional help is greatly appreciated.
My configuration is:
- exporting from DAZ using FBX 2011
- I did bake the head morphs instead of "heads." settings on export from DAZ
- used CC3 Pipeline and transformation feature.
- imported the CC_Character_Auto_Settings_Unity_2018.3_PBR_Beta_1.2 script into Unity
- imported my CC3/DAZ character into the CC_Assets folder
- Using Unity 2018.3.8f1 official release on Windows 10

thank you,
.cn

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
cloud.ninja (3/18/2019)

I also noticed that after making changes in the muscles and settings, clicking "apply", then "done" - when I re-open the muscles and settings - the changes are *not* applied?

It seems to be wrong. I just sent you a private message, please record your operation steps and send it to us, thank you!
angelin.sirbu
angelin.sirbu
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Miranda (RL) (3/15/2019)
angelin.sirbu (3/13/2019)
I have the exact same issue with the default CC3 settings. My character is the default male exported.

Is there any ETA on the fix?

We'd like to clarify if this is the case you encountered.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/56b60183-f0a6-4288-a5dc-9731.png

There is no motion file exported along with FBX file, which means there is no animation in the Animation Controller. When clicking play, we will see this result.
If this is the case you encounter, you can manually delete the Animation Controller, or add animation. 

Also, I cannot find the face blendshapes in the rigidbody.

he question of blendshape location has been answered by a forum user, please visit your original post for details.
https://forum.reallusion.com/407209/Export-blend-shapes-for-faces-in-Unity 

It’s not the same situation. I already have an animation controller with different states: idle, attacks, etc. Doesn’t matter which animation is played, all my characters have their mouthes open.
Edited
5 Years Ago by angelin.sirbu
cloud.ninja
cloud.ninja
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Sent!
Miranda (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help in clarifying issues. Here is a temp solution for you now.

We found that some users who use motions without jaw bone value like Mixamo motions, character mouth will open like what you described.
There are two options we can think of at the moment.
  • If you don't need to control the mouth anymore --> delete the jaw bone (refer to this video)
  • If you will need to control the mouth --> manually change the jaw bone transform when playing those kind of motions
To make facial animation work properly, deleting jaw bone may not be a good option. Therefore, we wrote a "close_mouth" script, which you can download on the bottom of this post. This script rotates the jaw bone to make the result quite better when the animation was mapped differently. 

Please put the script under the script folder, 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/388ae5ec-712a-4ea3-9645-c719.png

Check the box to close mouth.

If you want to animating mouth, you can deactivate the "close_mouth"script to back to the original status. 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6deb4199-ee1c-4056-9028-78bd.png

Attachments
close_mouth.zip (398 views, 887 bytes)
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
Thank you for the mouth open fix through script. I am primarily working with Cinemachine in Unity and I use the Timeline preview most of the time rather than hitting the play button because it is a lot faster. Is it possible to modify the script to also close the mouth when hitting 'play the timeline'? I'm trying to make a movie with this workflow and always seeing the mouth open on playback is distracting but the other problem is I will be doing a lot of facial animation. The facial animation will function in the Timeline preview, without hitting the main Play button, but my preview will not be correct if the mouth is hanging open. Thanks.
Ryan Hayle
Ryan Hayle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I was using cc3 and iclone/faceware when I got this open mouth issue. Would it not be better to have a script that could copy and fix the animations in Unity on a push of a button? It sounds like your script only forces the mouth closed, which doesn’t sound very helpful.
Edited
5 Years Ago by rjhayle
cybermynd
cybermynd
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have no idea if this is relevant. I run into this issue all the time when importing Daz characters to Unity and I always fix it by simply dragging the lower jaw hierarchy into the upper jaw. After that the mouth is closed during animation and it still responds properly to blendshape application such as expressions and visemes. This is all in service of creating content for a VR app called Flipside and I've done literally hundreds of characters this way.
I apologize if this is not relevant to the Daz / CC3 / Unity workflow but I thought I would mention it.
Cheers.
Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Embedding the Current Pose (with character in T-Pose) now prevents this problem from occuring initially. Switching Animator Controllers without copying over the pose will bring the problem back.

I tried out your method (CC_Base_JawRoot being the lower jaw hierarchy) and it appeared to work just as you described. Maybe it will come in handy sometime. Thanks for sharing.

CC3 & Daz Tricks | CC3 to Unity workflow

deidrereaystudios
deidrereaystudios
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Is this fixed??!? Seems somewhat silly how powerful iclone and cc3 is to still have this issue and no quick fix or update. Please let me know if anyone has found a good solution or if there is a finalized fix. Thank YOU!!

Reading This Topic