OFFICIAL iClone 7.2 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 7 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.

Author
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
mr_vidius (1/15/2018)
4u2ges (1/13/2018)
Found another one. This time it's a Tessellation Shadow and it's messing with the mirror prop made from water. Although there is no tessellation turned on for any prop in the scene, an artificial shadow (cannot even call it a shadow) from props behind mirror would mask it. So nothing can be placed behind a water anymore. Annoying!

what I would like to know.. how did you make the mirror? I want to make mirrors too!

vidius

Sort of figured out how to deal with inappropriate "Tessellation shadow". Disabling a Real-Time Smooth on props behind mirror fixed the problem (just keep solving puzzles Whistling)

Mr_Vidius, there are couple of ways to make a mirror in iClone and many threads explaining how to make it. In IC5 there was a trick with directX I believe, but I never had that version installed.
Starting with IC6, no matter which way you go, it is a hassle to make a mirror and control/animate the scene.
If I need to make a scene with a mirror, I prefer the one with 90 degrees twisted scene and I have a demo project which may get you started.
It was created in IC6, so to make it work properly in IC7 some tweaking would require (including the one I have just discovered above).
I have reported one other issue with reflection in IC7  FT3726 and it has already been assigned. So hopefully it'll be fixed in the next update.

What left, is a hope that someday RL would finally come up with "real" mirror prop, saving us a hassle to deal with water reflection (Sigh... there I said it... 1001st time).

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
@4u2ges: Thanks for the demo project!  I'll check it out, as I will be in need of a mirror at some point...

I made an FT request for a mirror in iClone 6 and repeated it for iClone 7, but the need predates iClone 5. I feel we've been talking about mirrors forever...Crazy

Anyway, for those who want a mirror, haven't voted yet, and can spare a vote: it's issue #3371

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Last Active: 10 days ago
I have an issue with the viseme track. I load a mp3 file into the timeline. On the viseme track I can see all those letters. Double click on them and a windows with all possible combinations shows up. There is a expression slider in that window. No matter what I choose, the expression doesn't change at all. Can anyone confiem this?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 38 minutes ago
The slider controls how MUCH viseme track is applied -- and it works for me (although it's not exactly interactive -- you will need to scrub the timeline once you change it to see how it really works.  Try setting to zero and then you'll see that no viseme is applied at all).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jarmoh
jarmoh
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7f34cf7f-179f-4ab9-b9ba-cb94.png

Hi

After update to 7.2 version, screen is not scaled right in 4k screen ( first picture). Character creator (second picture)  and 3DXchange looks sharp. Screen looks like scaled up from 1k screen. I can't find way to fix it. Is there way to fix it?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/039d69bb-52d1-467c-995b-bd76.png

Jarmo
thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Really? But it was possible in previous versions of iClone! I worked with that tool and I am pretty sure it was showing the results instantly. Otherwise it will be a pain in the a... to work like that ...
Edited
6 Years Ago by thedirector1974
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Rampa (1/5/2018)
rogwen (1/5/2018)
I cannot use 7.2 patch.
Direct puppet is the tool I have used most. Now its useless. The following happens on my Laptop AND stationary PC (wich is brand new and has just Iclone installed)
So this is clearly not a PC issue.
When I record a clip with direct puppet the first time everythings ok. but when I try to animate other limbs on same clip with more recordings,the strangest things happens. You can see it here: https://youtu.be/TDqsNVuNRHc

Are you using identical mouse movements for each arm? Moving the mouse vertically rotates one axis, and horizontally another. When I move my mouse vertically for each arm, I am getting what I expect. When I move the mouse horizontally for one arm, it looks like your video example.

I will confirm what rogwen and mark reported in this thread.
I am experiencing that if I use more than 1 direction puppet movement on a character, the character then 'jumps' to another location in the scene, and the original recorded, or 1st, direction puppet movement is gone!
This is a really bad one.  I agree with rogwen's sentiment here...It makes direction puppet unusable, UNLESS you only use one movement. 
I tried closing down scene and reloading to see if I could add another, but no luck.   
Tried linking to a dummy prop to 'lock' character location in scene - no luck
Will attempt further workaround tests.
This one SUUUUUUUXXXXXXXX.Sad

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Update - 
Direction Puppet issue can be reproduced with any avatar.  Limit # is 3 before issue arises.  So, you can safely record 2 as it turns out. 

TEST:
Create scene, add avatar.
Use direction puppet, starting from 0 for each recording.
Record 3 separate direction puppet movements.  (ie 3 limbs)...can be any time length. 

RESULT:
After 3rd movement recording is stopped, avatar will 'jump' position, and some of recorded direction puppet is gone. 
Use preview cam with some distance to view the behavior.

*NOTE - iClone 'remembers' how many that you have used, so you can only safely record 2, that's it. 
No matter what you do, you cannot add a 3rd.   As no workaround has been identified....
YET! Smooooth
Edited
6 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just noticed, that the DOF mask is corrupted again, after updateing from 7.1 to 7.2. Look at this ...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/023cfd57-2eda-4510-8264-500c.jpg

Sigh ... I will stop any work on my movie until this is fixed, sorry ...

Direx

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thedirector1974 (1/21/2018)
Just noticed, that the DOF mask is corrupted again, after updateing from 7.1 to 7.2. Look at this ...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/023cfd57-2eda-4510-8264-500c.jpg

Sigh ... I will stop any work on my movie until this is fixed, sorry ...

Direx

Just a wild guess, wondering if this is a conflict involving the new HDR Bloom/Glow.
If you turn all Bloom effect down on this frame, any change?

Reading This Topic