OFFICIAL iClone 7.2 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 7 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I don't think that link symbol really means anything when it comes to weight maps.  I create the maps, put them in my downloads directory and load them in, and then delete them from the directory and CC and iClone still know they are there even though they show the "link" symbol (unless they are stored somewhere else -- now THAT I don't know and if they are stored somewhere I have no idea where it is).

Wait -- let me look for a second...

Nah, I can't find those maps anywhere, so I have to assume they are stored in the file for the item itself.  Only RL knows for sure, of course, but I do know that if you send some clothes to someone else with ONLY the clothes files they still have weight maps attached to them, even with that link symbol there.  So they are embedded with no choice otherwise.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
elliespotter
elliespotter
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (4/2/2018)
I don't think that link symbol really means anything when it comes to weight maps.  I create the maps, put them in my downloads directory and load them in, and then delete them from the directory and CC and iClone still know they are there even though they show the "link" symbol (unless they are stored somewhere else -- now THAT I don't know and if they are stored somewhere I have no idea where it is)..

Thanks, Kelleytoons  ... It seems a little hit and miss just now. Till now, I assumed everything was embedded in the iAvatar file but I guess RL are wanting to move away from that, being as it complicates multi platform pipelines. You never know, I may get an explanation from my tracker question.

Kind regards,

Alex

Reading This Topic