OFFICIAL iClone 7.2 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 7 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Dear iClone Users,

It's that time again when we have another new iClone 7 update and need your continued assistance to help us track down any remaining bugs, glitches or other annoying issues.

iClone 7.2 adds several exciting new features and also comes a number of important fixes and enhancements. It also introduces the arrival of the Popcorn FX plugin.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in the 7.2 update, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread. However do make use of the Feedback Tracker first to log the issue.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all outstanding issue discussion in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem this will be even better.

Many Thanks. Smile    

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Cary B
Cary B
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
I'm looking for confirmation on this before I post it in feedback tracker. I am having an issue with the motion layer. I find I cannot copy and paste  keyframes for individual bones any longer within the motion layer. I used to be able to use the motion layer to adjust, say the position of the foot, copy that keyframe in the motion layer, and paste it in the foot position further down the timeline. Now The copy command still exists in the right-click menus, but it will not work. I can copy only transform keys for all the bones at once. Are others having this issue? 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/848c8492-ac67-42c2-9d27-461e.jpg

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I was watching the video Tut by RL on Timeline enhanced features.  I have IC7.2 running and verifying as I go. Problem is; 
(note; I have many character motions (2) including animated hand gestures and an audio file loaded.) NOTHING SHOWS UP in the timeline except the box for motions.
NADA thing. No Keys at all. I can see the body parts but nothing is in the timeline motions.

Is there a secret or did I just miss a step or is this a bug??

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Cary B
Cary B
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Never mind, I figured out that the issue I mentioned above is related to the curve editor, and apparently can no longer be done with a simple copy and paste. The process is now much more complex, involving sampling sections of motion clips for particular bones.  More possibilities...at a much higher learning curve. I am trying to get my old brain to comprehend at least some of the basics of this tool.  

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/848c8492-ac67-42c2-9d27-461e.jpg

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
There is an issue with HDR Bloom - Bloom rings
Basically when you add HDR Bloom to a scene, the gradient from light to dark will be separated by dark lines, making it look like rings. 
Maybe the program is not able to calculate where the next gradient mark starts on a per-pixel basis, or maybe it thinks it has to add color to bridge a gradient gap, but it is inserting the wrong color. 
Anyway, it exists no matter what resolution, blur, or super-sampling is applied.
And, the more pronounced the contrast the more pronounced the issue

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/70c01e7e-a4b8-4e39-b63d-a452.jpg

The issue also shows in this demonstration video by RL:

I wrote some finding detail here
https://forum.reallusion.com/351123/iClone-72-Glow-HDR-Bloom-Enhancements
so am listing issue here as a 7.2'er.

Edited
7 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago

I have a render issue like we had on the beta 7.0 test. Depending on the preview size window the glow amount change.
Same problem if the super sampling  render is enable.

rogwen
rogwen
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)

I cannot use 7.2 patch.
Direct puppet is the tool I have used most. Now its useless. The following happens on my Laptop AND stationary PC (wich is brand new and has just Iclone installed)
So this is clearly not a PC issue.
When I record a clip with direct puppet the first time everythings ok. but when I try to animate other limbs on same clip with more recordings,the strangest things happens. You can see it here: https://youtu.be/TDqsNVuNRHc
rogwen
rogwen
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)

I have posted this issue in feedback tracker. But whats the point when no one cares about answering?
mark
mark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Glad you did report it because I just tried and it's a bit wonky for sure!

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
@rogwen: It is the weekend now in Taiwan were development is situated. Also, you never get an immediate response anyway as things need to be investigated. But it does get looked at and your entry allows other users to confirm the issue.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic