Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Upcoming Tutorials & Auto Assignment Script/Plugin for Unity & Unreal

Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Jfrog (4/1/2019)

I Read that the new Cartoon Character and Hair pack are CC3 compatible but can you confirm if this pack will work with the auto assignment script plugin for Unity?  It would be great to see a quick video with the new pack (or at least one character) in Unity.

Of course, any character exported from CC can be imported to Unity/Unreal with the help of auto-setup tools. Smile
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Great! Thank you Miranda.   Smile

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

adhdchris
adhdchris
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Are there any plans to separate the hair material from the main merged material when Using InstaLOD Remesher? 
Currently, everything is being merged to use a single opaque material without even generating a transparent mask texture. It makes all the characters with hair look god awful even from a distance and pretty much unusable.
chris.watson.t2
chris.watson.t2
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm also having an issue with this. Whenever I do anything that converts the textures to a single mesh (ie LOD or single mesh game base) it messes the transparency up in unity. If I change the material to transparent it makes it so I can see through other parts of the model. Making it a 2 sided transparent material also cause artifacts. My only current work around is to leave the export with multiple textures and then change only the eyelash and hair materials in unity to transparent and all other opaque materials to 2 sided. This isn't a permanent solution as I'd like to use LOD for my game. By the way I am using the LWRP import script. Is there a fix for this?
info_852952
info_852952
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Are there any news or a timeline as to when this feature will be available? 
info_852952
info_852952
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)

Smile i am sorry to bump this thread but it is really important for my game that the LOD works correctly. 
michael.pickering
michael.pickering
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
FWIW, I also tried InstaLOD combined with the Unity HDRP export and the result was rubbish. I'd also be interested in a fully working solution here!
info_852952
info_852952
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

completely agree. We will need to get the LOD working to be able to add scripts to the character or npc. 

Also HDRP need a decent hair shader for it to look good.
info_852952
info_852952
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Can anyone moderator give some insights as to where we are in the process?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
info_852952 (5/13/2019)
Can anyone moderator give some insights as to where we are in the process?

As Miranda mentioned previously the schedule is not yet confirmed. Once more is known Miranda will update the thread again. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic