Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Upcoming Tutorials & Auto Assignment Script/Plugin for Unity & Unreal

Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Dorothythul (11/27/2018)
Some lip sync assets do not have a bone feature and only use blendshapes.  The one i use specifically. And its actually a game to create animations inside  VR so i can't just switch to a different  one.  Daz and mixamo characters use blendshapes so i thought it was normal.  Especially since there is the "Game base" option for export. I bought CC3 for 1 reason and ill be very disappointed if im unable to even use it. i thought this was a bug so I put a support ticket in a while back when i had the trial and never got a response. If i would have known i would not have bought it.    I did find a temporary work around by creating a new blendshape on the teeth in blender but its time consuming and doing it to every character will not work in the long run.

I really hope your team can just include the teeth like all the others 3d characters out there.  Here is the type of animation i make. CC3 characters would look so much better.

Hi Dorothythul,

About your request in real-time lip-sync with blendshapes in Unity, we now have a workaround. I'm not sure if you have iClone, if yes, we made a video to explain how to use iClone to create the mouth-open slider, and still be able to use the Auto-Setup script in Unity to accelerate the character implementation.
Please read the description first before watching this video.

Please let us know if it works, thanks.
Dorothy Jean
Dorothy Jean
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I do not have iclone. It's funny though because i really wanted it a year ago only so i could use character creator and export to unity, but that was like $600 + .   I even asked support if they could just sell CC with an export option at a lower cost.... they finally did. Haha! But i still can't use it as much as i would like without spending hours getting the mouth working just right. Please put in a unity work around!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Dorothythul (12/28/2018)
I do not have iclone. It's funny though because i really wanted it a year ago only so i could use character creator and export to unity, but that was like $600 + .   I even asked support if they could just sell CC with an export option at a lower cost.... they finally did. Haha! But i still can't use it as much as i would like without spending hours getting the mouth working just right. Please put in a unity work around!

I just sent you a private message, please check your mailbox. Smile
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi Miranda, the Unreal plugin looks very cool.  Is it actually available for trial, or was that just a testing video preview?
THX!

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 16 minutes ago
Hi Miranda ,

If you can figure out also to export and import in UDK the softcloth baked animation from Iclone because I didn't find a way.

Thank you
Renaissance Man Studios
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Does Softcloft transfer over into Unreal when you use this process?
Thanks
RMS
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

TonyDPrime (12/28/2018)
Hi Miranda, the Unreal plugin looks very cool.  Is it actually available for trial, or was that just a testing video preview?
THX!

Hi Tony, the plugin Beta 1.0 will be available this Friday or early next week. Smile
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Marc and RMS,

No, soft cloth is not included in this Plugin.
The physics system every program uses is different, so we are unable to find a way to directly transfer the physics data from iClone/CC to Unity & Unreal. 
You still have to do some manual works after importing characters:
chadfranklin47
chadfranklin47
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)

Hello, I see that other people are having the problem I am having with Lip Sync and blendshapes. I was surprised to see that "Dislocation of the teeth and tongue upon application of the CC3 Base Male Head / Body or Female Head / Body morph slider" had been fixed in the release notes, but I guess that was only for inside CC3. I am not sure of the difficulties in achieving a good result but am sure it is possible. I see you were communicating with Dorothythul via private messages. Have you come to any solution?
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 16 minutes ago
Thank you Miranda.

Happy new year !

Marc T

Reading This Topic