Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Upcoming Tutorials & Auto Assignment Script/Plugin for Unity & Unreal

Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
TonyDPrime (12/10/2018)
Hi!
I would like to make 2 suggestions for the Unreal Engine script when it comes:
(1) import of Camera animation / camera timeline stuff
(2) Hair - if it could get as close to iClone's rendering ability as possible...UE4 has limited abilities with the Transparency and Opacity strength and then applying a shine, or sheen, on top of that. 
If there was a way of having soft, but shiny, hair as part of the script....Smile

Looking forward to it!

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your suggestion!
(1) We will fine tune the script for CC first. The auto-setup script for iClone is not planned yet, but we will take your suggestion into consideration.
(2) We will adopt Digital Human's Bust as the hair shader in Unreal Plug-in
Edited
6 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi Miranda,

I made some more tests and I don't have the teeth issue anymore. Before, when exporting the CC3 character I was exporting directly in the unity asset folder who probably started working before my cc3 character was all exported. Exporting outside of the unity asset folder and coping the character to the CC3 character in the asset folder afterward (2 steps instead of one) seems to work great. I am really happy to have this script.  I still have a few material poke thru problems but I am expecting to receive the pipeline tutorials in 4 days, this should help understanding a few minor issues.     Smile

After that I will look into the marvellous LOD export tutorial.

Thanks again for your help.

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

Hi Jfrog,

We tried to follow your process to save FBX directly to Unity folder, but failed to duplicate the teeth issue.
Is this the process you described? 

Jfrog (12/11/2018)
Hi Miranda,

I made some more tests and I don't have the teeth issue anymore. Before, when exporting the CC3 character I was exporting directly in the unity asset folder who probably started working before my cc3 character was all exported. Exporting outside of the unity asset folder and coping the character to the CC3 character in the asset folder afterward (2 steps instead of one) seems to work great. I am really happy to have this script.  I still have a few material poke thru problems but I am expecting to receive the pipeline tutorials in 4 days, this should help understanding a few minor issues.     Smile

After that I will look into the marvellous LOD export tutorial.

Thanks again for your help.

Edited
makeurmark
makeurmark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Really enjoyed the webinar on this.
I use Unreal engine and would love to see a similar pipeline made available for Unreal.

Thanks
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Merry Christmas everyone!

The auto-setting plug-in & tutorial for Unreal is coming soon.
Here is a sample video we recorded before for your reference. Since it's for early testing, the name and icon of plug-in are not the final one.
  • Temp name of the plug-in: RLPlugin
  • Official name of the plug-in: CC Character Auto-Settings Plug-in, or CC Auto-Setup
Let's see how it works!
  • 00:00 Copy the "RLPlugin" to UE4 plug-in folder.
  • 00:30 Create a new project, or open a project in UE4.
  • 00:48 Find the "RLPlugin" from the "Other" folder. Enable the plug-in, and click the "Restart Now" button to activate it.
  • 01:15 Now you can find the plug-in on the toolbar.
  • 01:25 Let's export a character from CC to do the test. Please be noted that, to avoid the inconsistency of bone axis when converting to humanoid, A-pose should be included as the first motion file when exporting from CC.
  • 01:54 Import the CC character by drag-and-drop. Please check the "Use T0As Ref Pose" .
  • 02:30 Start the auto-setting process by selecting the skeletal mesh and pressing the plug-in button.
  • 02:49 All textures are well-assigned.
  • 03:08 Character rig are set up properly.
  • End: Shaders compiling completed.

Edited
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Thank you Miranda !  If you can make a tutorial to export from Iclone with motion plus animation (facial mocap)
because I have strange result in UDK.

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Ok seems to work with the 4.20 version and I enable "use TOAs Ref Pose" and "import morphs targets"

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for getting back! We did the same test yesterday, and will include this in our auto-setup process.
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
We tried to follow your process to save FBX directly to Unity folder, but failed to duplicate the teeth issue.Is this the process you described?

Hi Miranda,

Sorry for the delay. I am currently out of the country now and my internet access is too slow to play a movie. I will be happy to check this when I am back. 

Thank you for your support and Merry Christmas to you too!!

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Jfrog (12/25/2018)
Hi Miranda,
Sorry for the delay. I am currently out of the country now and my internet access is too slow to play a movie. I will be happy to check this when I am back. 
Thank you for your support and Merry Christmas to you too!!

No problem! Merry Christmas! Smile

Reading This Topic