Can't use PBR substances

Posted By Walvince 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Walvince
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,

I' trying to follow this tutorial but I've got a problem from the beginning... Doze
When I add the PBR material to the prop, nothing happens. Well visually because technically in the material tab I can see that all seems ok (there's texture settings, etc).

Previously I saw a problem that could be the same. When I add water (props/water/still normal), it only add a monochrome surface with no water effect. I noticed that the diffuse map was empty, so it's probably the problem here but I guess it's not normal and that's there is a problem somwhere (files missing ?)
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi.
Can you add a couple screen shots, please?

Is it safe to assume you're adding the PBR material using the drag-and-drop technique shown at the beginning of the tutorial you linked?
What are you applying the material to?  An iClone primitive (plane, cube, etc.) or a more complicated item, one that might have multiple materials?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Walvince
Walvince
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Well I am doing the exact same thing (I think) than in the tutorial, so I drag & drop the concrete_pavement substance on the soft cloth 64x64.

Here is the global window after applying the material :
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cbb922c3-2994-4d26-a699-6911.png

Then the Modify panel parameters :
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bbb8a49c-4d78-499f-9182-cbd5.png

And the content :
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f9d61641-bde5-49b3-9614-a5e5.png
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Try changing this setting (see picture) to "High."

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cff69400-d839-4aaa-9168-b6c8.jpg

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Walvince
Walvince
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wonderfull, that was it ! Thanks a lot !

Displacement Map and Substance were unchecked in the preferences, I didn't know we could customized that. Thanks for your help Smile
Edited
6 Years Ago by Walvince
rustybee255
rustybee255
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thx Walvince! Sometimes the most obvious adjustments are the most difficult to try :-)
annette.wilson1227
annette.wilson1227
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
You are so right, I tried everything but your solution. 

thank you

Reading This Topic