Profile Picture

iClone 7.5 (with new Python APIs ) is Available!

Posted By luke (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
SeanMac
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey! It's entertainment!
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
My version starts fine... but I do not like that this DEVELOPMENT version has completely overwritten the stable 7.41.
That's not what i wanted when I downloaded and run it.
Now if I want to create some scene in parallel with Python development I am not sure whether any project created with this temporary version will ever be recgnized by a stable one
RL should have create a standalone .exe, which does not install anything, like was done in the earlier stages of IC7 Beta testing.

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
5 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
Zeronimo
Zeronimo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
Test of experimental Python API (RLPy.RILight example)

I just tested the example script provided in the following page:
http://manual.reallusion.com/iClone/script/python/class_r_l_py_1_1_r_i_light.html

--- the script
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/73e11c34-4c18-4896-8de7-2ef9.jpg

My initial project:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8ea908a9-78e7-4d45-bc9c-ae97.jpg

the result obtained after execution of the script:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a38119a1-4473-4ad4-8a2d-9516.jpg

we notice that the spotlight has been moved to the coordinate provided by the script, but the GIZMO has remained at the old coordinates of the spotlight, and that the Transform  coordinate X, Y, Z of the iClone MODIFY panel are not updated.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Just for fun did you try pressing play to see if things would get updated? (and/or hiding/unhiding the spotlight)

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Zeronimo
Zeronimo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
YES, after doing PLAY the GIZMO and the transform coordinates are updated.
What disturbed me was that the color of the light and the multiplier was up to date but not the coordinates of transform before the PLAY.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
For some reason the UI doesn't update properly when running Python -- I don't know if that will ever be fixed, although the key guy here says you can put a hide/unhide object in your code so it gets fixed.  Kind of.  But it IS a bit disconcerting.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I had the same issue, reported in the Forum some time ago: the XYZ coordinates were not updated in real time, but rather only after I pressed PLAY.
RL mentioned that this is to guarantee a certain level of performance, which might sounds ok for certain plug-ins, which algorithmically create a fixed situation, i.e., not controllable in real-time, but it is surely not ok if we want to try to create real-time controllers.
Just a simple example/challenge for who wants to take it: moving a prop in real-time with the mouse and creating the prop keys accordingly (kind of old iClone "Director Mode" or also the Physics Toolbox, regrettably dismissed by RL).
Creating teh jkeys using a system timer is surely possible but... how to visualize the result in real-time if the GUI updates only after we press PLAY ?

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
5 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
luke (RL)
luke (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Power Developer
Last Active: 9 hours ago
The-any-Key (2/4/2019)
Some examples to get and set the rotation quaternions for objects in local and world (or a way to transform world to local and set it or vice versa).

Also the API update gives me this error when trying to start iClone
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9464a89a-72d2-4081-a59d-8179.png
Translation: Could not find the address (memory pointer) to start the process.

Could you send me the dump file? I could check it when I back from lunar new year

luke (RL)
luke (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

RobertoColombo (2/4/2019)
My version starts fine... but I do not like that this DEVELOPMENT version has completely overwritten the stable 7.41.
That's not what i wanted when I downloaded and run it.
Now if I want to create some scene in parallel with Python development I am not sure whether any project created with this temporary version will ever be recgnized by a stable one
RL should have create a standalone .exe, which does not install anything, like was done in the earlier stages of IC7 Beta testing.

Roberto

Okay, we will think about how to give you the full installer or a zip file rather than replace current one  before that, I suggest you to backup the official version (copy whole iClone folder to other place) then update to the development one, so you should get both version to run in your computer  
luke (RL)
luke (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

zeronimo (2/5/2019)
YES, after doing PLAY the GIZMO and the transform coordinates are updated.
What disturbed me was that the color of the light and the multiplier was up to date but not the coordinates of transform before the PLAY.

Some UI update will have the performance issue so we disable that, and we will give you a function to force UI update in further patch, however the data already set down no matter the UI show up or not.

Reading This Topic