Profile Picture

Live Face and Cartoon Animator 4

Posted By lutlei 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lutlei
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello.

I have been considering upgrading but am I correct in my assumption:

To be able to use the iPhone app Live Face, I would have to buy the mocap bundle AND the “live face iPhone profile”? (in my case summing up to 450$ now)

I got this working with the free version that got distributed on the app store a while ago (crazytalk animator 3) - but I've only used it sparsely. Guess I’m also wondering what this upgrade actually could give me? I’ve just dabbled a bit with crazy talk 7 before, to make some easy talking heads and a have a hobbyist approach to animation in general.
ApplebiteMedia
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
From what I have learned, as I have gone through this recently.....

You need the plug-in and an iphone.  That should be it.  The mocap is for the body and finger gear.  The finger thing is not worth it IMO....

Use a network cable for best results, do not use wifi.  It will work but it will be choppy or can be rather.....

Hope that helps.  It's a nice add on.  There is a really good video in the advanced section of the Reallusion training video section (Lost the link sorry)... The guy in the video goes into great detail on getting your iphone calibrated to your character.

Good luck... Smile

Graphic Design, PHP Programming, More - Applebite Media
(www.applebitemedia.com)

lutlei
lutlei
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Ok. Thanks for your reply. Meaning I could get away with the Pipeline edition of Cartoon Animator 4 and the iphone Live Face Add on?
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You can use a web cam in CA4 for facial motion capture.
The iphonex is only required in iClone at this time.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic