Profile Picture

[CC3 to Unity] Importing CC3 Base Characters to Unity Using a Script for Auto Setup

Posted By Miranda (RL) Last Month
You don't have permission to rate!

[CC3 to Unity] Importing CC3 Base Characters to Unity Using a Script...

Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Tutorials

Exporting CC3 Base Characters to Unity

This tutorial series will take you through all of the steps you will need to follow to import and utilize your CC3 character in the Unity game engine.  In this tutorial, you'll learn about the easiest way you can import your character into Unity using a script that we've prepared in order to save you time with material adjustments and everything.

Creating NPC for Unity 3D with CC3 Game Base

In this Part 2 of the Unity Import tutorial series, you'll learn about how to convert your character to a specialized Game Base that is optimized for use in game engine.  You'll also learn about how to reduce the poly count of your character's clothing and accessories separately from the body mesh, and finally how to import your optimized character into Unity using a specialized script, the link for which can be found at the top of this description.

Setting Up LOD for CC3 Characters in Unity 3D

This is the third part of our CC3 to Unity 3D Tutorial series, and it focuses on getting your characters optimized for the best possible performance in Unity 3D by reducing the polygon count.  You'll also learn the easy steps to setting up a character model with LOD so that you can save additional resources.

Script Download

You can download the script (Beta 1.0) from: http://file.reallusion.com/CC_Character_Auto_Settings.unitypackage
*Download link is updated on Dec. 3rd

Special Notice & FAQ

Some special notice & FAQ have been mentioned in the tutorials. We collect some important messages, please read it before starting the auto-setup process.
https://forum.reallusion.com/397639/Special-Notice-FAQ-for-CCUnity-AutoSetup-Script

Welcome to share your experience with us, thank you Smile

--
More information of the upcoming updates will be revealed HERE.
Edited
5 days ago by Miranda (RL)
Dorothythul
Dorothythul
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Well, this is exactly what i needed but it doesn't work for the fact that I have to export my CC3 character into Blender first in order to fix the teeth open issue and export from blender back into Unity so the materials don't assign. ****edit, was finally able to get everything working!!!
Edited
2 Weeks Ago by Dorothythul
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Thanks for the script and tutorial Miranda. I will try this a soon as I can.   

Intel I7 6850K 3.6 with MSI X99 SLI plus , GTX 1080,  32Gb Ram , 1 TB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD
Kareeem
Kareeem
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
The script looks promising!
Does it also work with Game Base and combined textures?
I think i remember that there were always many duplicate textures with this method...does its not good to just drag the whole export folder in to unity.
manaland
manaland
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile

New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Hello Miranda, Tobias here from Descendent Studios, Austin TX.

The Workflow looks very promising. As we can see, the tutorial is being done inside the SDR(HD) Book of the Dead example scenery.
We would love to know about it a little more and hope you can help us to get some open questions answered.

- Is the importer script capable to check for the SRP(HD) pipeline and going to make use of the HD-Lit shaders?

- Is it possible to export from Character Creator 3 by only exporting the FBX with SRP(HD) ready textures and materials?

- 2018.3.0f1 (RC) came out today. We would kindly ask you if there's a schedule for upcoming script support.

Thank you for your time and support,

Tobias Löffler
Senior 3D Artist
Descendent Studios, Austin TX
Edited
9 days ago by manaland
sunrisebacon
sunrisebacon
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile

New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)

I followed the video and used the script to export a Game Base character with LOD from the CC trial version.

The prefab and materials were created but it looks like the textures are missing? (sorry, I'm new to 3d graphics).

Do I need to use the CC3 model or is it a problem with the trial version?
Attachments
export.jpg (11 views, 49.00 KB)
Dorothythul
Dorothythul
Posted 9 days ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)

I followed the video and used the script to export a Game Base character with LOD from the CC trial version.

The prefab and materials were created but it looks like the textures are missing? (sorry, I'm new to 3d graphics).

Do I need to use the CC3 model or is it a problem with the trial version?
Attachments
 export.jpg (2 views, 49.00 KB)

Hey! I would love to help you. Would be easier to chat through discord. If you are interested you can find me in here: 
https://discord.gg/CkGjYN5
Edited
9 days ago by Dorothythul
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.3K reputation)

Hi Kareeem and gregor.heinze,

There will be some tutorials coming up, such as Game Base export, and auto LOD setting.
The tutorial for Game Base export shall be ready this week, we will show you how it works. Please wait a moment.

Hi manaland,

I will check with Dev Team, and get back to you this week. Smile
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kareeem (12/7/2018)
The script looks promising!
Does it also work with Game Base and combined textures?
I think i remember that there were always many duplicate textures with this method...does its not good to just drag the whole export folder in to unity.

Hi Kareeem,
The tutorial for Game Base published. You can perform the auto process with the same script.

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

manaland (12/8/2018)

- Is the importer script capable to check for the SRP(HD) pipeline and going to make use of the HD-Lit shaders?
- Is it possible to export from Character Creator 3 by only exporting the FBX with SRP(HD) ready textures and materials?

Hi Tobias, 

Yes, we will update our script for support HDRP & LWRP late this month. A new tutorial will come along with this update.
In order to satisfy most use cases, we will not only exporting the FBX with HDRP-ready textures/materials.

- 2018.3.0f1 (RC) came out today. We would kindly ask you if there's a schedule for upcoming script support.

We are aware of this, and have been studying the updates.
However, RC version is still not stable enough, we won't release the updated script before its official version.

Reading This Topic