Open Source - Auto Setup for Unity

Posted By Miranda (RL) 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Dear Character Creator Users,

Thanks for your precious comments on our Unity Auto Setup Plans for 2021. We'd now like to share the source code with you, and update you on the latest Unity related plans.

Open Source of Unity Auto Setup

The source code is now compatible with Unity 2021.1, 2020.3(LTS) and 2019.4(LTS) with HDRP and URP.
You can find the download links and guidance in this LINK.

Some notices: 
  1. This source codes is applied to GPL v2.0.
  2. This version of source code is without shader graph optimization for HDRP, URP and built-in render pipelines.
  3. If there is anything not clear in the code, please comment in this thread.
  4. Reallusion will allocate resources in maintaining this source code, instead of publishing an Auto Setup installer in the future.

Solution for HDRP, URP, and Built-in Render Pipeline

Some of you might already have noticed that programmer Victor.Soupday has been working on a promising solution for a HDRP pipeline. You can see his progress in this POST.
We've been collaborating with Victor.Soupday for a while now, and will keep on supporting Victor.Soupday as he develops his own Auto Setup solution.
Victor.Soupday's program will be open for everyone to download this month, free of charge.
Please follow him, or wait for our further announcement. 

UPDATED: The first version of Auto Setup for HDRP pipeline has been released, please check this POST for more details.

Thank you!

Reallusion Team
Edited
3 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
Rowlan09
Rowlan09
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Awesome, thank you very much!
jonnys777
jonnys777
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Great news, thanks to all who have been working on this. Looking forward to seeing Victor's work come to fruition.
MilesV
MilesV
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thank you for your continued work on this free tool. Also, Victor.Soupday is a rockstar!
benliuhai
benliuhai
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you very much!
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Just doing some quick tests but it seems to work well in HDRP. Thanks so much to Victor, Miranda and Reallusion.  It took a while but it was worth it.
Edit: while the textures seems fine there seems to be many problems with the polygons rendering when transfering to unity. CC3 to unity Not usable at the moment.

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

Edited
3 Years Ago by Jfrog
theelflockeducator
theelflockeducator
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello Everyone,

Not sure this is the right post. but having some trouble get my character to run the animation in Unity.

I have CC4 and can get the character to Unity without any issue. But, when I set up the animation, it works perfectly fine in the small box in the lower right hand corner.
I get warnings to look at the Import Messages.

The animations are from Reallusion.
If any one can help or point me in the right direction.

Thank youhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b882aa34-1422-4505-ab28-cc4a.png
theelflockeducator
theelflockeducator
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1a8f4650-42a1-487b-9aa3-796c.png
worleystudios
worleystudios
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I've been so g*ddamn frustrated with using Reallusion and Unity.
First, the open mouth thing was ridiculous. Then, we're extremely limited on what Unity releases we can use for our projects which can conflict with packages on the Unity asset store that we would like to use. Some aren't even for the LTS releases. Now, they're blanket solution is the open source software which is mainly targeted for HDRP and if anyone using Unity would know, the majority of game devs on this platform use URP. I've been racking my brain to make this work. Honestly, after 1.5 years and tons of bucks invested into my project, I'm about to give up on the whole thing. I brought my character into a new project after installing this. The shaders are all messed up and can't even be tweeked. Then the importer won't even recognize an iclone character in the project. Really? 
Honestly, I'm so p!ssed I can't even begin to express this frustration.
It seems nearly all of Reallusion's focus is on Unreal. 
This company has been a bane to my existence. I'm done...

Reading This Topic