iClone 6 Fundamentals missing Assets & updated Videos

Posted By Alan_M 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
doubledutch
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
alan_20090922165144871 (8/19/2016)
doubledutch (8/15/2016)
Is it possible to produce a tutorial about skin weights?
Especially for skirts and how the weights must be around the hip.

Hi doubledutch,

I would need you to elaborate on skin weights.  This type of weighting is normally set inside the core 3D app where you construct the character, such as Maya, Blender, 3dsmax, Modo etc, etc.

Or are you referring to Character Creator?

All the best

Hi Alan,
after copy the body skinwight to a skirt this happens evry time:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f6f0cccf-a15b-42d2-b199-6da4.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4ad0ae68-58f1-43f1-aafb-220e.png

I believe this happens in more programs then Maya only.
T-shirts no problems.
Outside the legs of the skirt seems look ok. It happens between the part of the legs.

Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
RagingKylo (8/19/2016)
More than one mesh. Yes you're right, the only way I can fix this is making subprops. So many subprops, very very time-consuming

The only other fix I know of that i have used is to take the model from Daz into a major 3D app like Blender, Maya etc.  I have done this with my favourite app Modo and have been able to re-combine the meshes and push them out as a new FBX or OBJ.

Also if FBX does not work have you tired OBJ out of Daz??

Alan M
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Hi doubledutch,

OK so you are using an external 3D application right??  This is not a Reallusion product.

It would be hard for me to help with this without knowing  what 3D app you are using.  Also I do not have every 3D app on the planet and they all handle skin weighting slightly differently.  I use Modo for example and I know how to move skin weights around using the skin weight painting tools that Modo has.  But this is a common rigging issue.  You need to get to grips with how your 3D application transfers skin weights, as what is clearly happening here is that the weights have not been normalised and set correctly for the geometry between the legs.

This is an advanced topic and a bit outside my normal zone of helping people with RL products.  It is also hard for me to do an ad hock tutorial if I also do not own the 3D application you are using.  You could try searching YouTube for videos on 'skin weighting' or if your app supports it 'skin weight painting' to try an find example of how to smooth and transfer weights between the verts on the skirt.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

All the best

Alan M
doubledutch
doubledutch
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Ok thanks Alan.
It`s Maya.
RagingKylo
RagingKylo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Nice suggestion! I can export'em to Maya then separate and recombine all the parts, it works. Thx Master!!!!
Molecule_Bleu
Molecule_Bleu
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)

Hi Sir I was trying to buy your courses iClone 6 Fundamentals but the buying button in the iclone website seem to be disconnect, - do you know where I can get it!
regards
Molecule_Bleu
Molecule_Bleu
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)

Hi M  Marques I would like to buy your courses - but on the iclone6 website the button seems to be deactivated - is there an other way I can buy it!
regards

Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

test_17 (8/28/2016)
Hi M  Marques I would like to buy your courses - but on the iclone6 website the button seems to be deactivated - is there an other way I can buy it!
regards

Hi there,

This will be a Reallusion issue.  I have just gone to the purchase page and it is not just our course that has the button greyed out, it appears you cannot even buy iClone at present.

I will put in a support ticket with RL and see if I can find out what is going on.

This is a Reallusion product so there is to my knowledge no other way to purchase this other than their site.

All the best

Alan M
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

test_17 (8/28/2016)
regards

Hi I have just checked again.  Did you choose the course that you wanted from the list??

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/89bb762d-8580-4a53-add9-57fb.png

Once you select what you want the buy button becomes available.

All the best

Alan M
Edited
8 Years Ago by alan_20090922165144871
Molecule_Bleu
Molecule_Bleu
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks

Reading This Topic