iClone 6 Fundamentals missing Assets & updated Videos

Posted By Alan_M 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

Author
mark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I just knew Alan would take it to a whole new level and he did!!!!
Great tute, learned so much and such an elegant solution!!!  BigGrin      BRAVO!!! BigGrinBigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
mark (2/4/2017)
I just knew Alan would take it to a whole new level and he did!!!!
Great tute, learned so much and such an elegant solution!!!  BigGrin      BRAVO!!! BigGrinBigGrin

Hi Mark,

I feel very humbled by your kind comment.  I am not trying to out-tech anyone, as I have said before, everyone's approach is valid.  And when someone asks for help I do my best to facilitate a solution.  My only regret in this case is that due to my day job it took me a week to create and record a solution, had to be done in sections.  And!!  It did turn into a bit of a marathon. My fault, but as I said I like to be thorough so that people do not feel I have jumped over stuff.  In this case it took what took to do, so here we are.  If it helps iClone users then fine, I am always willing to do so if I can.

Smile

Alan M
Edited
7 Years Ago by Alan_M
DebMark Productions
DebMark Productions
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago

I'll post the results of my scene which shows this technique.  It'll take a while to work on it.

Edited
7 Years Ago by mark_20091217133447147
DebMark Productions
DebMark Productions
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)

I can't tell you how thankful I am that you made that tutorial.  I followed each step and didn't get lost. You explain things very well. I trust that many more iClone users will watch this because it is really a foundational level (though complex) to using soft cloth other than dresses and such. I'm continuing in your fundamentals course and am building my  know-how to make realistic animations. I, too, am stymied by having to work in the day and also putting up with my wife watching TV next to my computer until 11:00 pm.  So I don't have much time to work on my productions without being dreary-eyed except on the weekends. You are a real credit in teaching animation.

Mark W.

Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

mark_20091217133447147 (2/4/2017)

I can't tell you how thankful I am that you made that tutorial.  I followed each step and didn't get lost. You explain things very well. I trust that many more iClone users will watch this because it is really a foundational level (though complex) to using soft cloth other than dresses and such. I'm continuing in your fundamentals course and am building my  know-how to make realistic animations. I, too, am stymied by having to work in the day and also putting up with my wife watching TV next to my computer until 11:00 pm.  So I don't have much time to work on my productions without being dreary-eyed except on the weekends. You are a real credit in teaching animation.

Mark W.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your understanding about the real world.  Yes indeed, it sounds like we all have to live with what life throws at us as they say.  In my case I am lucky in the sense that my wife and I both work in the same industry, mostly, so we have a joint workroom that allows us to separate work from pleasure and do our own thing when it comes to work which is often with completely different clients.

I too am trying to create my own projects, but sadly to pay the bills most of what I do has to be work related for now and indeed throughout most of my career.  That is one of the reasons why I do these tutorials that people sometimes ask for on the forums.  They focus me as though a paying client has tasked me with a job.  I find myself suddenly focused on a requested solution.  Sadly with my own projects I do not find such an imperative.

Maybe I should sack myself!!

By the way?  If you ever would like to be known by someone other than  'mark_20091217133447147' I can tell you how to do that if you do not already know.

Alan M
Edited
7 Years Ago by Alan_M
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

This is totally great Alan!

I'm always amazed at how long my tutorials get when I want to be really clear. That's what it takes, and it does really help people. Smile
DebMark Productions
DebMark Productions
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Alan, I would like to change my id. Please share how that can be done.
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rampa (2/4/2017)
This is totally great Alan!

I'm always amazed at how long my tutorials get when I want to be really clear. That's what it takes, and it does really help people. Smile

Hi Rampa, that is a true compliment coming from you.  I have watched many of your tutorials and learnt loads.  We all can learn something from others I truly believe one should never be arrogant enough to think one knows everything.

You are indeed correct, some things do take time to get across and when you spend the time to go into the detail and hopefully present it well, the tutorial can often become quite long but as you say that is often what it takes. 

All the best

Alan M
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

mark_20091217133447147 (2/4/2017)
Alan, I would like to change my id. Please share how that can be done.

I'll give Alan a break...Wink

The procedure is to log into your member account at Reallusion. Once there, click the My Account tab to access your account details:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d2c09ce3-41bf-4969-a82a-a1a1.png

One of the account fields is Nickname, which is the name used at the forum. Change it to your liking and Save (button is on the right).

EDIT: BTW, it can't be "Mark". We already have one...Tongue

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by animagic
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thank you Alan and Mark, both were excellent tutorials once again!

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Reading This Topic