iClone 6 Fundamentals missing Assets & updated Videos

Posted By Alan_M 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
(PLEASE NOTE: UPDATE AS 2020-07-27)

Due to the fact that I have stopped using Dropbox on a personal basis I have moved all of the files and links to a different cloud service provider called MediaFire. I have also taken the opportunity to update the contents of the zip files to be more consistent and in the case of the assets files they are now correctly laid out in the iClone 6 directory hierarchy. This will make it easier to install the missing assets as you can use the same technique as show in video ‘103-02.03 Installing the course assets.mp4‘

Greetings everyone,

Although we at MakinMovies have done our best to address some issues with the technical delivery of the iClone Fundamentals course it has come to our attention that some people are still finding issues.  Some of these are missing course assets others are correction to the actual videos that were identified.

I am setting up this Topic so that should anyone find a missing asset etc they can come here and download that asset from my MediaFire account.

The following is a list of zip files that cover all currently reported issues:

Table of Contents PDFs that covers all four course modules.
iC6_Fundamentals_000_Table_of_Contents-TOC.zip
Missing PDF files referred to in the 103 course.
Missing Dialogue .wav audio tracks for the 103 course.
All missing assets from the F101 module.
All missing assets from the F102 module.
All missing assets from the F103 module.
All missing and Updated Videos

As any new issues are reported I will update this list.
Many thanks for your patience and understanding.

Alan M
Edited
4 Years Ago by Alan_M
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Very good Alan, much appreciated. Smile

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

genao87
genao87
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
i was looking for these....too late for the B Camera though.....already created a slower version.
steve_20140811193313686
steve_20140811193313686
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Alan... really learning a lot from your course... also made other online videos extremely easy now. 
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Many thanks to you both for you kind comments.  I am glad you got the B camera sorted without the missing video.  I we ever get to make a course like this again we will do our best not to repeat the issues with delivery.  It was such a huge course that too many errors crept into the final delivery.

All the best

Alan M
Edited
8 Years Ago by alan_20090922165144871
doubledutch
doubledutch
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Is it possible to produce a tutorial about skin weights?
Especially for skirts and how the weights must be around the hip.
RagingKylo
RagingKylo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi Master Marques, I have a weird issue with 3dXchange: when I load some Daz assets in DazStudio, everything is fine.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9a7ac73b-fad3-4a95-b86b-da28.png

But after I export'em to 3dXchange, all the furnitures are outside the house:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5ee16ec5-a332-443b-a0eb-57f0.png

How to fix this? Any suggestions will be massively appreciated! BTW, I know I can unparent all the objects in DazStudio then make them subprops in Xchange, but it's very time-consuming.
Edited
8 Years Ago by RagingKylo
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

doubledutch (8/15/2016)
Is it possible to produce a tutorial about skin weights?
Especially for skirts and how the weights must be around the hip.

Hi doubledutch,

I would need you to elaborate on skin weights.  This type of weighting is normally set inside the core 3D app where you construct the character, such as Maya, Blender, 3dsmax, Modo etc, etc.

Or are you referring to Character Creator?

All the best

Alan M
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

RagingKylo (8/18/2016)
Hi Master Marques, I have a weird issue with 3dXchange: when I load some Daz assets in DazStudio, everything is fine.
 But after I export'em to 3dXchange, all the furnitures are outside the house:
How to fix this? Any suggestions will be massively appreciated! BTW, I know I can unparent all the objects in DazStudio then make them subprops in Xchange, but it's very time-consuming.

Hi RagingKylo,  this is a new one on me though I have experienced something different with a prop I brought into iClone that may be related.  The asset came in fine but when I tried to scale it all of its constituent parts started to separate.

Is this just one mesh item inside of Daz, or does it have more than one mesh item??  If it has more than one mesh item then you could try making sub-props of them inside of 3DX before your send the model through to iClone?

All the best

Alan M
RagingKylo
RagingKylo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
More than one mesh. Yes you're right, the only way I can fix this is making subprops. So many subprops, very very time-consuming

Reading This Topic