iClone 6 Fundamentals missing Assets & updated Videos

Posted By Alan_M 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

Author
gcshep
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago

Alan thank you for the excellent tutorial I used to shy away  from this section but now after watching this tutorial I feel I can have ago at  the section.

Any progress on the Allegorithmic tutorials.

Best Regards

George

Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
gcshep (2/5/2017)

Any progress on the Allegorithmic tutorials.

Best Regards

George

Hi George,

Thank you for the kind comments.  As to the Substance/PBR tutorials it became obvious that with iClone 7 on the horizon that aiming for a release around the same time with 7's full PBR workflow made most sense.  So yes it is under way and I am going to try and release shortly after iClone 7 comes out.  Obviously we do not have an exact date from that only RL are in the know but hopefully not too far in the future.  They have after all been doing their usual pre-purchase stuff which seems to go on forever but they appear to have a somewhat different approach to most other software manufacturers.

Alan M
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Quote " I'll give Alan a break...Wink "

Thanks Animagic, very much appreciated.

Alan M
Edited
7 Years Ago by Alan_M
amy.lee-lo
amy.lee-lo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Did anyone else find that when they imported the warehouse extension asset for the iclone fundamentals training - that it didn't have the same amount of detail as Alan uses in the tutorial 103-03.09 navigating scene objects?

Perhaps it is because I don't have an essentials pack etc...but my cans are just solid shapes without the detail that Alan has in his tutorial...

??

Thanks
Amy
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

amy.lee-lo (3/23/2017)
Did anyone else find that when they imported the warehouse extension asset for the iclone fundamentals training - that it didn't have the same amount of detail as Alan uses in the tutorial 103-03.09 navigating scene objects?

Perhaps it is because I don't have an essentials pack etc...but my cans are just solid shapes without the detail that Alan has in his tutorial...

??

Thanks
Amy

Hi Amy,

Alan Marques here, the course tutor.
This is the way it is meant to be.  If you watch the intro video for this cameras chapter of me talking to camera I explain that the warehouse asset I am using is 3rd party from Daz3D marketplace.  So cannot be legally give away with the course.  I made the low res proxy that exactly matches the dimensions of the Stonemason asset for the course.  Some people who bought the course really liked the asset so they bought it off the Daz4D store.  But the low-res one is provided with the course to allow you to complete that chapter without spending any more money.

Hope that helps

Alan M
JimEH
JimEH
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi

I am looking forward to the Substance and Iclone 7 tut, Presently working on the light tuts. I appreciate your efforts I have learned  a lot; plus I observe nature and movies now with a more critical eye. Thanks for your insights. Jim
amy.lee-lo
amy.lee-lo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)Veteran Member (578 reputation)

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your quick reply!

Sorry I did watch the intro video - but very new to all this 3D stuff so I didn't fully understand the Daz3D part - but makes sense now. Sorry to have bothered you!

These tutorials are amazing so thank you!

Amy

Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Amy,
You have not bothered me at all.  I am happy to answer questions about the course.  As well as this topic I have another topic here:

https://forum.reallusion.com/286743/iClone-6-Fundamentals-Train-Videos-QA-by-Alan-Marques

As you can see from the Q&A thread I have done my best to help people who bought this course where ever possible so if you have any questions please post them to the Q&A topic.  I subscribe to both this topic and the Q&A one which is how I saw your post.
So any questions post in the Q&A thread and I will try to get back to you a soon as I can.
Glad you like the course and welcome to the wonderful world of 3D.

Alan M
television_99
television_99
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

I'm viewing accompanying tutorial videos that show City Elements Downtown Metro Areas Vol 1 props but can seem to find the folder this is stored in. 

Does anyone know what needs to be installed to have these files show up in the props area. I'm following the tutorials from "iClone_6_Fundamentals_F102_Create" but 
can't seem to be able to locate these files. The tutorial says they're included/provided by the course that is included. I seem to have have everything in the screencap below EXCEPT "City Elements Downtown Metro Areas Vol 1 props".

Screencap from tutorial video showing  
City Elements Downtown Metro Areas Vol 1

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7cf58105-f4b7-42f0-aa9f-57cc.jpg
Edited
7 Years Ago by television_99
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

television_99 (3/27/2017)
 I'm viewing accompanying tutorial videos that show City Elements Downtown Metro Areas Vol 1 props but can seem to find the folder this is stored in. 

Does anyone know what needs to be installed to have these files show up in the props area. I'm following the tutorials from "iClone_6_Fundamentals_F102_Create" but 
can't seem to be able to locate these files. The tutorial says they're included/provided by the course that is included. I seem to have have everything in the screencap below EXCEPT "City Elements Downtown Metro Areas Vol 1 props".

Screencap from tutorial video showing  
City Elements Downtown Metro Areas Vol 1

Hi Alan Marques here,
There are a group of assets that RL agreed to supply with the course which are samples from a range of their packs on the market place.  You only get a small subset from each pack as used in the course so that you can follow along using the same assets/props etc.

Try looking under your order history while logged into your Reallusion account.  You should find a download named something like that in the screen shot following.  This download contains all the assets for the course that RL provided including those you mention.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dd2c0cfa-b528-4713-8889-8b3c.jpg

In addition I started a topic way back that covers some of the other missing or incorrect assets for the course including download links.
iClone-6-Fundamentals-missing-Assets-updated-Videos
These assets are those that were created by myself for the course.  All the market place material will be in the download in your account as specified above.

If you do not see this download in your account then you need to contact RL and ask for the free voucher code for the assets that go with the course.  They should have supplied this when you bought the course?

Hope this helps.

Alan M
Edited
7 Years Ago by Alan_M

Reading This Topic