What's New in Character Creator 3.1 & 3.11

Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Export UE4 Characters with Epic IK-bone

CC 3.1 allows users to export UE4 rigged characters with UE hand and foot IK bone setup, which then can be used to:
  • Keep a character's feet planted on uneven ground, and in other ways to produce believable interactions with the world.
  • Make CC characters compatible with motion files sold in the Unreal Marketplace.
  • Make iClone generated motion files or motions sold in Reallusion Store be compatible with all UE4 rigged characters.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fb68523d-cc4b-4815-9e52-75c3.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4e75c53a-19bc-4885-a4f6-ca3f.png

Example: The blue man (with Hand IK) holds the gun at the right hand positions, while the orange man (without Hand IK) doesn't.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a9f48492-3b19-484b-a010-7f0e.gif

Edited
5 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

Separated Eyelash

When converting character to be Game Base, selecting "Single Texture Output" will combine all textures into one by default. To get better eyelash quality, we provide "Separate Eyelash Material" option from version 3.1.  Eyelash texture is exported as a separated file, so you will get a much detailed eyelash for close-up view.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c8af4a33-6790-467b-bf3d-1891.png

Edited
samwhite
samwhite
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
So happy to see this update. On that note, Miranda, maybe I'm dumb. What exactly do I do with the JSON file to fix the textures inside of UE4? I'm using the newest version of the plugin (1.01), and have tried both the HQ and Lite shader options. My hair on import just disappears, like the opacity is too high. I've tried going through the RL_Hair shader to see what the issue is, but I can't seem to find it. Whenever I drag the JSON file into UE4, it asks me how I want to import it. I'm not sure what those options should be. 
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

samwhite (8/29/2019)
So happy to see this update. On that note, Miranda, maybe I'm dumb. What exactly do I do with the JSON file to fix the textures inside of UE4? I'm using the newest version of the plugin (1.01), and have tried both the HQ and Lite shader options. My hair on import just disappears, like the opacity is too high. I've tried going through the RL_Hair shader to see what the issue is, but I can't seem to find it. Whenever I drag the JSON file into UE4, it asks me how I want to import it. I'm not sure what those options should be. 

Hello samwhite,

The Json file is used for correctly linking the textures to material when importing character to UE4.  You won't need to edit the Json file by yourself.
You can refer to the tutorials to adjust hair material.

Barran
Barran
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (123 reputation)Junior Member (123 reputation)Junior Member (123 reputation)Junior Member (123 reputation)Junior Member (123 reputation)Junior Member (123 reputation)Junior Member (123 reputation)Junior Member (123 reputation)Junior Member (123 reputation)

Very good news, best thanks for the developers and all Reallusion team
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Barran (9/8/2019)
Very good news, best thanks for the developers and all Reallusion team

Thanks for your comments! 
We'd love to know your feedback after updating. 

P.S. To fix the some defects, we will release a patch later today. 

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello everyone,

We just launched the patch version 3.11 to fix some defects.
Since both Character Creator 3, and the Character Creator 3 Pipeline Extension are updated, please find the Update tab in Reallusion Hub, and download two program updates accordingly. 

*Updated on Sept 16th: some users reported that the update option of Character Creator 3.1 wasn't shown on the Reallusion Hub. (See Feedback Tracker) If you encountered this issue, please update Reallusion Hub to the latest version 4.07.3310.1 (9/16/2019) and try again.

Please find the details below.

Enhanced:
  • To have better usability, AvatarPreset provides the default facial profile when applying to the old content.
Fixed:
  • Character Creator crashed when executing Modify > Save Material Plus, and then selecting materials with linked textures.
  • Data corruption in 3DXchange due to CC v3.1 AvatarPreset.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3106ad4d-fa09-4811-944e-3ab2.png

If you have saved AvatarPreset content in v3.1, please update to v3.11 to save again.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

Edited
kmitchell.12catblackstudio...
kmitchell.12catblackstudio...
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

I see the export texture settings is there one that merges the AO/Metal/Rough into one packed texture?  
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

kmitchell.12catblackstudios (9/13/2019)
I see the export texture settings is there one that merges the AO/Metal/Rough into one packed texture?  

Hello!
It's been packed as ORM texture in March's update.
You can check the update history here >> https://forum.reallusion.com/401294/CC3-to-Unreal-AutoSetup-Plugin-Download-Update-History
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello everyone,

The video of feature warp-up is available now.

Two tutorials were published too.  Let us know your feedback! Smile

Setting Auto Hide Body Mesh for Clothing

Export FBX Motions without Additional Mesh Data

Reading This Topic