What's New in Character Creator 3.1 & 3.11

Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
When I try to bring an old G6 avatar, converted to an FBX, into the new CC3 it seems to want a  "Decrypt.FbxKey"  Not sure what that is and can't seem to find it on my hard drives after searching.
Any ideas?

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Hi Mark... You have to use the Transformer to bring in G6 characters.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mark
mark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Ahhhh..missed that point! Works great!!!  Thanks Peter!!!!

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

kmitchell.12catblackstudio...
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I asked this in an old thread but is it possible to make clothing attach to a material instance like you do to the skin and hair already do? Currently you create a standard material per clothing. If it was a material instance with a clothing master material I could easier adapt clothing to my character customization work flow and on top of that be able to customize the clothing shade like I have for the skin and hair shaders you currently provide. If possible could we modify the plugin maybe to add such feature and give it to you all if you all have no interest in the pursuit?
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
I have commented on this elsewhere but would like a response from RL.

When I do an FBX export from iClone of a G6 character dressed in other than the standard clothing, I get a message that an Export license is required.

I understand that this is needed for exports to be used in external 3D applications, but since I'm using this to "loop back" into CC (via Transformer), I wonder if an export option could be added (for CC use only) that doesn't require export licenses.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Niiniinii
Niiniinii
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

your new update ruin my shoes work now the shoes i made from zbrush and import in CC3 dont feet anymore thank you very much ithink i gonna unistall this software too many limits on it polygon count, fbx import dont work, seriously blender work better i regreat buy this software so much. when i made clothes for iclone 7 and CC3 i create a character i export it as fbx, i import it to Zbrush i dont modif the character i use it to make clothes who perfectly feet on it. when i finish low polygon clothes who feet perfect on the character in zbrush i export it as .obj with an ID map go to substance painter making texture for it... after launch CC3 load the character i used to make clothes and create new clothes by importing my 3D mesh .obj . the 3D mesh apear already in place on the character body perfectly feet on it normal i did all the job before in zbrush. i choose weigth transfert select shoes for my shoes and !!!!! tadam shoes dont fett anymore they moved to their original place so i use comfort and tadam !!!! UGLY UGLY thank for this stupid update. i return to zbrush re export the shoes and retry it and ...... no it definitivly ruin my work ...
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

anthony.fernadez (9/14/2019)
your new update ruin my shoes work now the shoes i made from zbrush and import in CC3 dont feet anymore thank you very much ithink i gonna unistall this software too many limits on it polygon count, fbx import dont work, seriously blender work better i regreat buy this software so much. when i made clothes for iclone 7 and CC3 i create a character i export it as fbx, i import it to Zbrush i dont modif the character i use it to make clothes who perfectly feet on it. when i finish low polygon clothes who feet perfect on the character in zbrush i export it as .obj with an ID map go to substance painter making texture for it... after launch CC3 load the character i used to make clothes and create new clothes by importing my 3D mesh .obj . the 3D mesh apear already in place on the character body perfectly feet on it normal i did all the job before in zbrush. i choose weigth transfert select shoes for my shoes and !!!!! tadam shoes dont fett anymore they moved to their original place so i use comfort and tadam !!!! UGLY UGLY thank for this stupid update. i return to zbrush re export the shoes and retry it and ...... no it definitivly ruin my work ...

Is your character in those? Also can you roll back?
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

animagic (9/13/2019)

When I do an FBX export from iClone of a G6 character dressed in other than the standard clothing, I get a message that an Export license is required.

I understand that this is needed for exports to be used in external 3D applications, but since I'm using this to "loop back" into CC (via Transformer), I wonder if an export option could be added (for CC use only) that doesn't require export licenses.

+1

This feature was developed without customers in mind and is practically useless. Anything you wish to transfer (except the base) requires Export license. Not to mention customers who do not own 3DX pipeline.
Total shame! I suggest taking it out in the next release, or indeed make an internal *loop* transfer so that everyone who owns iClone and CC can take an advantage of it.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

animagic (9/13/2019)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will see if there is a way around the problem. I'll update again when I know more.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

anthony.fernadez (9/14/2019)

Sorry to hear you are frustrated with the latest update. I'm not fully understanding the issue so perhaps you could capture a video showing what is happening and submit it in the Feedback Tracker. The dev team will then try and reproduce the problem and give you feedback there.

https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/product/Character-Creator-3

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic