iClone 8.3, 8.31, 8.32 and 8.33 Official Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Dear iClone Users,

We have now released the iClone 8.33 update. However, as with all updates there may be a few bugs, glitches or other annoying issues that stubbornly remain.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in iClone 8.33, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread but do try to include a link back to the original Feedback Tracker report or your tracker number.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all technical issues in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues and include screenshots and/or a workflow video whenever possible. If you can provide specific steps so we can try and reproduce the problem that will be even better.

Many thanks and have fun with iClone 8.31.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
Last Year by Peter (RL)
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 days ago
There is no more WAV option in the Render/export audio menu. So it is impossible to export a WAV file in Iclone 8.3

Issue 10629

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.0K reputation)

Jfrog (6/27/2023)
There is no more WAV option in the Render/export audio menu. So it is impossible to export a WAV file in Iclone 8.3

Issue 10629

+1  .WAV format is missing !
Fearinhell
Fearinhell
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Seems to me this version is extremely buggy?  Im not sure if its a windows update that just happened to come through at the same time as I updated BOTH my systems to Iclone 8.3, it just drags to a hault.  I have resources free such as CPU/RAM etc but it is just laggy.  Im also now having an issue with physics for hair doesnt seem to be working in this version?  I might try to go back to 8.2 and get some comparisons.  I was hoping other people was having all the issues I was having with this version?  
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (120.6K reputation)

Jfrog (6/27/2023)

Issue 10629

Unfortunately this is a bug that crept into 8.3. It will be fixed in the next available update.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Fearinhell (7/19/2023)
Seems to me this version is extremely buggy?  Im not sure if its a windows update that just happened to come through at the same time as I updated BOTH my systems to Iclone 8.3, it just drags to a hault.  I have resources free such as CPU/RAM etc but it is just laggy.  Im also now having an issue with physics for hair doesnt seem to be working in this version?  I might try to go back to 8.2 and get some comparisons.  I was hoping other people was having all the issues I was having with this version?  

I'm not experiencing these issues myself or seeing other reports of the same issue. Can you share your system specifications including graphics card. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Fearinhell
Fearinhell
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)

If no one else is experiencing it, its probably windows 11 and iclone issue.  Im running two different rigs that I work with one is a 11th gen I9 and the other is a 12th gen I9 and one has a 2070 Super and the other a 3080 TI FW edition EVGA Nvidia cards.  Ill have to do some digging sometime, I just upgraded to 8.3 last week but I think there was some hefty windows 11 updates that went through.  Iclone/CC and if I go to mixamo and see lots of those tiny animation clips going seem to just kill me since whatever changed.  So most likely a windows issue, I was just hoping it was being fixed by someone Smile  FYI it would be fantastic if Reallusion would fix the scaling issue.  I like having 100 avatars in my video clips to create shrinking/growing size scale changes.  The video Im working on now doesnt have all those avatars in it, so I know its a seperate problem from the dragging of all these avatars for scaling effects :/
Fearinhell
Fearinhell
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Ive been working on this same video last two weeks so maybe its something in here, but how I found this forum was searching for my current issue that the physics, cloth, hair etc arent going anymore in 8.3.  They have weight maps and seemed to work fine in 8.2.  Im just going to have to do some digging.  I turned it off on one hair set on a avatar, Ill try to turn that back on and just make the weight map black and see if that fixes this.
Fearinhell
Fearinhell
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

I still cant get any physics to activate.  Can fog cause an issue with weight maps?  Is there a easy way to go back to 8.23 so I can attempt this same video with an earlier version to see if the physics system works with this video file in the previous version?  I wish my posts would get approvated faster, I think Im about 3 in now not showing.  
Fearinhell
Fearinhell
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

So besides whatever issue windows 11 is causing me, what Im seeing when I had a iclone 8.2 video and I upgraded to 8.3 all of the physics/hair/cloth simulations are just off.  They are on in all the settings and Im having to edit weight maps to make it lighter by -1 then setting back to 0 and this turns that physics back on and the object in question starts working right again.  *This is just in a video I started making in 8.2.  When I come up with another idea for a new video Ill start a new one from scratch and see what it does.

Reading This Topic