Posted By Victor.Soupday 7 Months Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 11 votes.
Author
Idea.png
Victor.Soupday
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Setting up the materials in Blender was becoming quite time consuming and it's way to easy to make mistakes so a few weeks ago I thought I would try and speed it up with some python scripting as I'd written a few python scripts for Blender years ago and they weren't too terrible.

Over time I got entirely too carried away with it and my little helper script grew into a full blown add-on with a UI and import/export functions and such. As I have a tendency to keep building and building and never really finishing with these types of projects they usually never see the light of day and end up collecting dust in some darkened corner of my hard drive, so I'm releasing it now and if anyone is interested they can try it out and see if it's any use to them.

For the moment this is mostly for setting up materials, but I've made a start at importing / exporting for character morphs and accessories which works(ish), but needs specific export settings from CC3, which are outlined in the readme.

I must stress this is very much an alpha version and still work in progress. It's Blender and it's running my janky code so expect bugs. It works they way I use it, so far, and with the character exports I have tested it with, but any expected conditions could cause it to go wrong.

Current Release: Github Latest Release

This is for Blender 2.83+. I've tested it in 2.83 and 2.92.

And I've made a quick demo video of installing and testing the add-on with some cheesy music:

Edited
4 Months Ago by Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Rendering
A quick rendering test video using the add-on to quickly render a character:

And this is the rendered image from the video:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/26d1e6f5-5815-4b49-bfa2-3ff8.png

Character Morphs
And here's a quick demo of using the add-on to help create character morphs:

Edited
7 Months Ago by Victor.Soupday
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
This is simply amazing! Your plugin is probably a prototype of what people have been asking for a long time. A link to Blender from RL suite.
Great job with material controls! Thanks.
I use Blender for modeling mostly and I am lousy when it comes to setting up environment, materials, lights, cameras... etc.
So I followed your tutorial straight. In 15 minutes I got this (out of which I was looking for Render button for whole 1 minute w00t)
I barely touched any material controls - almost default (just subdivided the mesh).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ae483434-d455-41b4-baaa-26a7.jpg

Edited
7 Months Ago by 4u2ges
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)

This is indeed great for those that are not Blender experts (like me) and want to try rendering in Eevee, for example.

Material conversion from CC to an external application is one of the most baffling subjects to master, so this will be very helpful. If I have some time I'll try it out as well.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1f3bed13-1788-45e1-9ace-4fd0.jpg

Anna Mironova
Anna Mironova
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)Veteran Member (599 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Wow! Thanks a lot for great addon!
rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
@Victor.Suopday
WowSmileSmile that's great
Many Thanks
My first Test.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/39992684-46df-4ecd-b6c3-5c77.png
Greetings rosuckmedia
Edited
7 Months Ago by rosuckmedia
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

This is truly amazing!!
Although it only partially works with Daz converted skin maps
it is not a problem as I have already become familiar with manually  plugging the CC3 skin resources into the principled shader .
still this will save me alot of time bringing  in Standard CC3 characters for my web series currently in production
Thank you for this!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My name is Galactus,Devourer of worlds.
Look on my works ye mighty,..and despair!

My Feature length animated film
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17J9NeEDWIXUmdt3bx9q5dWrR50poEA5d/view
My IMDB listing
Anabran Abdhul Quarnain - IMDb

Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'll have a play with Daz conversion, see what it's doing differently to base CC3 characters.
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Hi ,just FYI I only used texures converted from the earlier versions of genesis 2-3 as I left the Daz figure eco system entirely after migrating to Blender in April 2020
The ,main issue  I am having is the eyelashes not loading the opacity maps nor are the face micro normals working as far as I can tell.

I do it manually with my regular FBX imports from CC3
and even made my own custom SSS scattermask for the CC3 base male &Female
At any rate your addon is still a great speed enhancment to my Iclone to Blender pipeline for CCS native skin setups
Thanks !!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My name is Galactus,Devourer of worlds.
Look on my works ye mighty,..and despair!

My Feature length animated film
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17J9NeEDWIXUmdt3bx9q5dWrR50poEA5d/view
My IMDB listing
Anabran Abdhul Quarnain - IMDb

oonabe
oonabe
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
wow, this is great, I've been just testing it a little bit and it really saves a lot of time when importing CC3 cahracters into Blender then having to set up all the textures again to work properly, thanks for sharing this.

It seems to work nicely when importing characters, anyways I noticed that importing a character into an existing blender file the process deletes my current cameras in blender, not sure if this happens because I'm using an add-on for my cameras or if it's due to the import process using your tool, anyways thanks for sharing it, I'll try to post some renders I'm working on now too

Edit: my bad, I just saw there are two buttons to import characters, using the lowe one kept my current cameras in the blend file, this is really great, I hope you continue developing this add-on and if you are thinking to sell it on blendermarkt or gumroad I would be glad to support you by purchasing it since I don't think I can really help developing the tool itself

Edit 2: unfortunately the second import option doesn't have all parameters set, skin is not showing micronormals and similar stuff, so I tried using the first import button again and as before, my already set cameras are gone as well as the lights, am I missing anything here?
Edited
7 Months Ago by oonabe

Reading This Topic