Blender Auto Setup

Posted By Victor.Soupday 3 Years Ago
Rated 4.8 stars based on 16 votes.
Author
lianchiu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am wondering the mouth is slightly open when I import to Blender, any setting I can adjust or why
this AUTO SETUP is AMAZING !!!

Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
I know what's happening there: it's to do with negative morphs:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a205cd7a-4297-46ba-8090-0fef.png

Character Creator lets you set morph values beyond their range, so in this case the Mouth Bottom Lip Down facial morph is negative to raise the bottom lip up, but Blender can't go beyond the shape key range, so it treats it as zero which leaves the mouth slightly open like you see. I don't think anything can be done about that, it's just something to keep in mind.
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

So I think version 0.2.2 is just about ready... (in that it hasn't crashed on me in while or given me the Traceback window of doom):

Link to release: Release 0.2.2
Direct download: CC3 Blender Tools 0.2.2.zip

There are a few changes to the material setup interface, namely you can now set the alpha blend and backface culling my material, rather than just the whole object as before.

The add-on now (optionally) sets up modifiers and vertex groups for physics cloth simulation in any hair or clothing meshes that have PhysX weight maps. This is quite experimental and Blender's cloth physics is very unpredictable, let alone translating PhysX maps to it. Through the Physics panel interface you can add/remove cloth and collision physics, alter some the settings. Add/remove individual weight maps from materials, even add new weight maps and paint them...
(Note to get the most of the cloth physics, remember to select 'Delete Hidden Faces' in the CC3/iClone export options it fixes a lot of problems with cloth physics misbehaving.)

Full Changelog:
0.2.2 Alpha

Changes:
  - When no texture maps are present for an advanced node group, does not generate the node group.
  - When exporting morph characters with .fbxkey or .objkey files, the key file is copied along with the export.
  - Function added to reset preferences to default values.
  - Alpha blend settings and back face culling settings can be applied to materials in the object now.
  - Option to apply alpha blend settings to whole object(s) or just active materal.
  - Remembers the applied alpha blend settings and re-applies when rebuilding materials.
  - Option to pick Scalp Material.
  - Only scans once on import for hair object and scalp material, so it can be cleared if it gets it wrong and wont keep putting it back.
  - FBX import keeps track of the objects as well as the armature in case the armature is replaced.

Physics:
  - Uses the physX weight maps to auto-generate vertex pin weights for cloth/hair physics (Optional)
  - Automatically sets up cloth/hair physics modifiers (Optional)
  - Physics cloth presets can be applied to the selected object(s) and are remembered with rebuilding materials.
  - Weightmaps can be added/removed to the individual materials of the objects.
  - Weight map painting added.
  - Saving of modified weight maps and Deleting weight map functions added.

If anything goes wrong let me know so I can fix it.

If the cloth physics goes horribly wrong... don't be too surprised.

Note: If it looks like vertices are exploding out of the mesh under cloth simulation then the mesh may have degenerate edges, you can clean them out of the mesh with the Mesh->Clean Up->Degenerate Dissolve in edit mode in Blender. The default High Ponytail hair mesh needs cleaning up like this if you want to see it in action.
snatolukas32
snatolukas32
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thumbs up @Victor.Soupday You are the man!

Actually im working(TRYING my first time it look like complete easy process) with FREE FBX/BVH retargeter (motion) To RIGIFY !!! <3 Im trying with ICLONE 7 motion + ACTORCORE - Especially this plugin for Blender is for Free.

So far everything works. 

If that works FINE - i have idea how to use Free Facial Mocap Plugin for Blender and how to COMBINE this with RIGIFY !!! <3 Hell yeah !

I
if this gona work this will be Awesome =) <3 heh. When i finished i upload here all my achivements. And all links i used i mean Free Blender Plugin for Motion Retargeting and Free Blender Pluing for Facial Mocap

So yeah if everyhing gona works , WE can COMBINE easily ICLONE 7 MOTION + BLENDER MOTION Smile Smile Smile <3 <3 <3 

RIGIFY / FBX-BVH motion Retargeter / Facial mocap are free plugins. 

My Rigify - RIG works great with CC3 i created yesterday a simple Walk-CYCLE in blender (yep it was a emmmmm hard-task i never do any animation in blender but actually i like it)

EDIT: One thing Victor is this may help YOU SOMEHOW here are links to SOURCE-CODE and Python plugin for this SKELETON/MOTION Retargeter: 
here is a gumroad link:
https://gumroad.com/l/renim (you dont have to pay to download the plugin)

here is a github with Source-code
https://github.com/anasrar/ReNim/releases

Edited
3 Years Ago by snatolukas32
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm mostly concerned with setting up the rig.
But if there's a perfectly good animation retargeter add-on out there then you should definitely use and support that.

I'm holding off on adding anything more to it for now, to wait and see how stable it currently is. And I'll take some time to write some documentation for it.
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

And here's a demo of using the add-on with iClone animation and cloth simulation:

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: 15 minutes ago
I have tried those other "retargeters" for Blender
and quickly realized I did not  actually need them for my CC3 based pipeline.
We already have a means to import& convert third party mocap Data into Iclone Via 3Dxchange pipeline.
If you are using Victor's Amazing Addon for autosetup of CC3 Avatars in Blender
then you already have the ability to use & reuse all Imotion body and face Data
In Blender via the Action editor.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

snatolukas32
snatolukas32
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Yo. Im not quite sure you correctly understand Us AutoDidact - the point of Our(main) idea is to IMPORT Iclone 7 motion to blender (actually BODY motion - no face , cuz for face im going to use Free
face mocap PLUGIN provided by "cgmatter" - Hihgly Advance Blender user  and i see possibility to merge this with Rigify if it works it will be amazing) and later want to have 
posibility to MODIFY this imported motion with RIGIFY - And today i allmost make 100% perfect retarget MOTION (there are still problems in my RIGIFY-RIG)  and im totly able to modify this motion with RIGIFY wich is rly great RIG system. Im noob blender user im using blender since 1-2 weeks so its not easy for me. 

If you make a good RIG with Rigify - Using the plugin Retargeter is absolutely easy ( you can save bone-presets so motion can be rly fast RETARGETED to different char)
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: 15 minutes ago
I understand ... your preference is for using rigify rigs
and those plugins are very nice
not everyone is going to want to use rigify
nor do they need it for rendering animated Iclone figures in Blender.
CC3 pipeline users can import from FBX with victors plugin
for material setup.
And send over unlimited NEW motion from Iclone/CC3( as FBX) and apply
it directly to ANY CC3 Character in blender from the Action editor.
Body motion or Face motion from Audio script,facepuppet or Iphone face captures
and all that animation data is saved in the .blend file action editor for use on other CC3 Characters via appending
NO third party retargeters are required
We are using CC3 Characters to use Victors auto setup addon.
Non standard or  non CC3 CHaracter and animation  Data can be converted for iclone Via 3DX pipeline.
I am making an episodic series with Iclone basic/CC3 pipeline and Blender 2.92
Not using rigify for animating  the Characters ....only Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e9e223fd-d10b-4294-8cda-9949.jpg

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The whole point of Blender is that there is more than one way of doing things. That is Blender's greatest strength, it is also why it's sometimes so hard to use.

The rigging issue is focused mainly on character animation. My focus, is on character modelling. As such it is vital that I be able to bring the results back into CC3 and iClone so I need a way to maintain compatibility with the CC3/iClone ecosystem. This means I need a rig that is based on the CC3/iClone bones.

At the same time, the Rigify route is also really good, it's an exceptionally good rig, it has real potential and there is lots of support for it, especially things like the Daz to Blender Bridge which directly supports the rigify rig. So it makes sense to support Rigify too.

There is no need to argue over which is the best way to go about the rigging, because I intend to support *both*.

It is my ultimate intention to bring all of this into Unity. That's why I'm making this add-on, as a bridge between CC3/iClone and anything else I get my hands on to Unity. So CC3 Rig or Rigify Rig, it's all good to me, I can use all of it.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Reading This Topic