Blender Auto Setup

Posted By Victor.Soupday 3 Years Ago
Rated 4.8 stars based on 16 votes.
Author
AutoDidact
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Here is a great Reallusion tutorial on using Blenders Autorig pro with actorcore motions.

The ability to  easily REPLACE existing motion with new motions from Iclone/CC3 is crucial to a Blender based rendering pipeline.
I can already do this with my current FBX from CC3 pipeline via Appending new Actions to the Action editor for body and facial performance.
Still the Auto rig pro  addon seems very tempting because Blenders Graph editor and overall animation system is far superior to Iclone.
If imported Avatars Can still accept facial shape key motion Data
,After conversion with Auto rig pro, it would be the best of both systems for me as I could just use Iclone for base layer locomotion
and facial performances and Blender superior system for complex Character interaction with my Blender native environments

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

snatolukas32
snatolukas32
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey. 

I can promise (in the future) ill do fully working tutorial with RIGIFY (Rigging CC3) (Body, Face-teeth/eyes) and later RETARGETING your motion. 

Obviously its more easier to USE Auto-Rig PRO but you have to spend ~40$  - im not saying this a wrong way, depends on you. (But usually im type o man "DIY") Smile 
As AutoDidact said (i have a similar opinion) Iclone for Locomotion system , then rest of motion in Blender. 

Its not tutorial (My first contact with Rigify was a like... WTH is this :O , but later its just a matter of time u just have to used to it its not so difficult)
Length of video is: 40 minutes.
Speed up to 700% so its abt 5:50 minutes.
Its just a show of. 

ps. I hope You dont mind Markom3D that im showing You channel. If yes letme know im gona delete that part. 

My best shot:
Edited
3 Years Ago by snatolukas32
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 26 minutes ago
That's really useful for me.

Firstly: The reason the sliders stop working is because you deleted the armature, it finds the objects and materials to update by looking through the child objects of the armature and I never considered the possibility that someone would want to delete it. That's something I can fix.
(Or you can export the character as an OBJ in a T-pose or A-pose, it will keep tracking of OBJ objects and there's no armature.)

Now then, so the work flow of Rigify and Autorig Pro: both seem to throw out the original bones and build a new armature from scratch. I don't really want to do that, because it also throws away all the skinning on the outfits and the hair and I want to keep all of that, or as much as possible.

What I want to do is generate the control rig around the original Character Creator bones, this may mean having to build my own control rig. Basically make it work like the bit at 3.06 in your video, press the 'Generate Rig' button and it's all done. It would be nice to just call another add-on to do it but it's looking increasingly unlikely. Keeping the iClone/CC bones would mean that animations from iClone don't need to be re-targetted (at least not animations using the same character model) and the clothing and hair does not need to be re-skinned.

In any case I'll take into account that some people may want to delete the armature and keep using the add-on.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Victor.Soupday
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: 1 hour ago
@ Victor
I agree that the keeping the CC3 bones would be the best way forward for your particular Add-on as most Iclone users would likely prefer to continue to use Iclone for all character animation and not get to involved in re-rigging in Blender.
Particularly if they have paid for the export versions of their iclone content
only to have to re rig several layers of clothing with rigify or Autorig pro

The appeal of Blender is the rendering engines particulalry EEVEE
for outdoor scenes.
I personally model all of my own Clothing content in Blender and harvest hair sets
from DAZ within Blender using a free Blender Addon for Daz studio
(Called "Diffeomorphic") that is very similar your own for auto skin texture setup
but imports native Daz(.Duf) files directly from my Daz content directory.
As content creator ,in the Sci-fi genre,  My personal interest in Rigify pro is more for custom Blender native Characters (Robots& Armored warrors ) that I may be building in the future as the
Rigify pro System would appear to be able to harvest/retarget My iclone motion Data even for custom Characters as Kai demonstrates in the RL Actorcore video I posted earlier.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

hkhaneveer
hkhaneveer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Victor.Soupday (3/18/2021)
That's really useful for me.

Firstly: The reason the sliders stop working is because you deleted the armature, it finds the objects and materials to update by looking through the child objects of the armature and I never considered the possibility that someone would want to delete it. That's something I can fix.
(Or you can export the character as an OBJ in a T-pose or A-pose, it will keep tracking of OBJ objects and there's no armature.)

Now then, so the work flow of Rigify and Autorig Pro: both seem to throw out the original bones and build a new armature from scratch. I don't really want to do that, because it also throws away all the skinning on the outfits and the hair and I want to keep all of that, or as much as possible.

What I want to do is generate the control rig around the original Character Creator bones, this may mean having to build my own control rig. Basically make it work like the bit at 3.06 in your video, press the 'Generate Rig' button and it's all done. It would be nice to just call another add-on to do it but it's looking increasingly unlikely. Keeping the iClone/CC bones would mean that animations from iClone don't need to be re-targetted (at least not animations using the same character model) and the clothing and hair does not need to be re-skinned.

In any case I'll take into account that some people may want to delete the armature and keep using the add-on.

This is exactly what I was hoping for! I don't really understand the CC3 bone setup, but for 90% of what I expect to be doing, I think it would work well if it just had a decent control rig.  One question, though: do you think your system would be able to incorporate additional bones- if for instance I were to add tentacles to a character, or use Daz geomorphs (although it's not clear to me if those work in the daz-CC3 importer anyway)?  I mostly use ordinary human characters, but from time to time I have one with additional characteristics.

My main interest in keeping the CC3 bones is ease of importation, since I don't use iClone. I will say, that from what I've been able to do so far, your addon is a thing of beauty already. Smooth FBX imports with correct materials! That alone is a huge time/work saver.

hkhaneveer
hkhaneveer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
On a related note-

I'm working with quite a few characters, and many of them have a lot of costume changes. What's the best workflow for this? Create the base character in CC3, the copy it to apply clothes, etc, and export each of these to Blender to be rigged? Or export the base character to Blender, and rig it there, and then fit clothes in CC3 and export them to blender individually? The autofit and adjustment tools in CC3 seem to work okay, but I don't know if there's any equivalent in Blender.
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I don't want to get ahead of myself and promise things I can't deliver on, so I'll wait and see how far I get with generating a control rig for the CC bones. (Edit: I do want to be able to do this though, for my part I want to add tails and wings... but we'll see.)

For multiple outfits, I would keep each outfit on it's own copy of the character. You can always move the outfits across to single armature (un-parent them from one armature and parent them to another) later in Blender.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Victor.Soupday
snatolukas32
snatolukas32
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

so yeah its actually working - Eyes movment, Tongue movement, lips movment , teeth. Movment without TRAGIC distortion like at my very first tryes Tongue Tongue Tongue 

RIG is complelty working.

I USED this tutorial to properly RIG EYES/TONGUE/TEETH/LIPS and different part of FACE BONES - this tutorial helps much with better undestanding wich face bones where should be placed.

Ill prepare a easy motion with that rig.

LInk to tutorial i used to correct setup EYES / TONGUE / TEETH

Edited
3 Years Ago by snatolukas32
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That's got real potential, you could make custom facial expressions with that rig.

It might be worth trying to put some support for Rigify in the add-on just for that.
snatolukas32
snatolukas32
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thats the point. I think the posibilites are Limitless when can controll mesh by bones - especially face bones. Expressions can be absolutelty crazy. And then we have "Drivers" - A Shape keys driven by Facial Bones - This absoluelty madness BigGrin When You move a Bone (Facial) it runs a Shape key.  (and this is also not difficult)

thats why i was so angry for ICLONE - that we cannot setup a totly Custom expression with using bones instead a face-presets. (that posibility was in i guess iclone 5.X version - i
dunno why they removed this feature that was completly bad move). Ofc we can use a SHAPE KEYS for facial expressions but for extreme pose we need or even FIX pose like
smile anger etc. Maybe ill do a simple comparison video of that 2 exactly same characters with SMILE - expression. in Blender and i Iclone. That character i used in earlier vides.

Ps. If abt me xD just focus on Perfect material transfer to Blender (maybe already its perfect hahah) - i dont need anything more Tongue But yeah i know other ppls need chillax Wink 

Gn guys.

Reading This Topic