Blender Auto Setup

Posted By Victor.Soupday 3 Years Ago
Rated 4.8 stars based on 16 votes.
Author
hkhaneveer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Victor,
Since I'm not an iClone user, I'm not clear on what exactly it does. What do you feel are the things that make re-importing to CC3/iClone vital?
Smit_R
Smit_R
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
Thank you very much sharing this auto-setup addon for Blender! This is just great!
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 16 hours ago
To get characters back into CC3 you can't make any changes to the armature (other than positional) or vertex order of the character mesh or change the vertex groups. So swapping out the armature for a different one means the character can never go back to CC3. You could get it back into iClone with 3DXchange but it would no longer be considered a 'CC3 character'.

If you've got no intention of making any further changes to the character then it's not a problem.

So for example if you wanted to use a rig to make custom facial expressions in Blender, and get them into iClone, you can't replace the armature or the vertex groups.
hkhaneveer
hkhaneveer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Victor.Soupday (3/22/2021)
To get characters back into CC3 you can't make any changes to the armature (other than positional) or vertex order of the character mesh or change the vertex groups. So swapping out the armature for a different one means the character can never go back to CC3. You could get it back into iClone with 3DXchange but it would no longer be considered a 'CC3 character'.

If you've got no intention of making any further changes to the character then it's not a problem.

So for example if you wanted to use a rig to make custom facial expressions in Blender, and get them into iClone, you can't replace the armature or the vertex groups.

I get that, but my question is why do you want to? Is it just because Blender is not very user friendly in many regards? Or does iClone do things that Blender doesn't?

I think how I envision my workflow is to develop characters in CC3, move them into Blender, using your app, and do everything else in Blender. If I might want to change a character in CC3, I would just keep a CC3-format copy that hasn't had any changes to the armature or vertex groups, but keep the flow one-way. I can see this being a little bit limiting, but I feel at this point that the Rigify rig is so much better that it's worth it- especially with your addon easing the transfer. If your addon is able to ease the conversion to Rigify even further, that's gravy.  I haven't dealt with face rigs yet, but the tuts I've looked at so far seem to indicate that Blender/Rigify is much more powerful than anything in the CC3 universe for this, except perhaps mocap- but I have no plans to do mocap, so...

Anyway, thanks again for the great addon, it's shaping up to be a key element in my workflow.

snatolukas32
snatolukas32
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Eyes, Lungs, Pancreas. So many snacks, so little time....

I actually dont care who and what and how gona use addon,  its our own decision. Absolutely no offense.

Victor.Soupday made great job this absolutely obvious.  

@hkhaneveer
" I haven't dealt with face rigs yet, but the tuts I've looked at so far seem to indicate that Blender/Rigify is much more powerful than anything in the CC3 universe for this, except perhaps mocap- but I have no plans to do mocap, so..."

like i said before cgmatter show  easy way how to "mocap" your face with Blender for free. This way is absolutely creazy coz we can PAINT our face in hundreds of MARKS/POINTS 
to get amzing results with this PLUGIN.  And my another point is to JUST modify RIGIFY face RIG. and throw those BONE transformation to my modified
Face rig (of RIGIFY - this is possible) - USING a Bone Retargeter wich i used to retarget ICLONE Motion to my CC3 (RIGIFY RIG) Smile

animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 28 minutes ago
I like the fact that the tools envision different workflows, thus making them more universal.

I prefer doing things in iClone, and I am glad that that is acknowledged. I just haven't had the time to try things out...Crying

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
3 Years Ago by animagic
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This is so cool and can't wait to try it out. Having an easy way to send work to other apps makes all the difference
and it's amazing to think not more companies are making the effort to help make this easier. I'll give more feedback
as soon as I've had the chance to try it.

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
animagic (3/23/2021)
I like the fact that the tools envision different workflows, thus making them more universal.

I prefer doing things in iClone, and I am glad that that is acknowledged. I just haven't had the time to try things out...Crying

I create all of my Character animation (body& face) in Iclone.
I was manually plugging in the CC3 skin texture resources into shader nodes
in Blender after import.
Victors Add-on spares us that tedious labor which can be quite daunting for new Blender users
Just to clarify I was not arguing for any method over another.
however I want it made clear to CC3 Pipeline users, that you do NOT need to deep  dive advanced features like Rigify or build complex custom facerigs , to get started with 
rendering your animated(Face& Body) Iclone Figures in Blenders EEVEE/Cycles.
Straight FBX export from CC3 Pipeline is all you need
and you can import & replace the current animation with NEW Imotion via 
FBX, using Blender action editor feature.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

snatolukas32
snatolukas32
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Victor we need update Smile i tryed New Hair system, export Character from Cc3 Hair / Beard / Brows. Actualy Brows are worst, looks like hair-cards... (think The problem is in opacity/Alpha map). Head-scalp texture is black, Hairs + Beard looks awesome but There are also kind artifacts. I had 5 minutes to test New CC3 hair system in Blender so maybe its Easy to fix it, and maybe You dont even have to do anything. Ofc You dont have to do anything, we can only kindly ask You Wink

e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I know I'm being greedy, but iis it possible using this plugin to create a custom garment in blender and export back to CC3.
If I use the accessory export function, do I also get the blender skinning included.

As for the rig.  I've used the blendermarket autorig pro quickrig addon to add a rig to an existing CC3 character.  It works
great, except for the feet not always lining up with the floor.
https://blendermarket.com/products/auto-rig-pro-quick-rig.

Thanks again !

Reading This Topic