OFFICIAL Character Creator 3.3, 3.31 and 3.32 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 4 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

OFFICIAL Character Creator 3.3, 3.31 and 3.32 Issues Thread

Author
colleen.callie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Getting Watermarks despite not having unpurchased content... and not on any trial.

Hi, I'm new to Character Creator, having just bought it a week or so ago.  I bought the ultimate digital human creation bundle with headshot.  After a few hours of looking for a solution, I kept coming across threads from last year saying the fix was to get CC Essentials Morph & Skin pack.  As far as I could tell that's outdated and replaced with the Ultimate Digital Human Bundle 4-in-1 (SkinGen, Ultimate Morphs, Realistic Skin, Makeup & SFX)  All of which I have, as it was included in the bundle I bought, as well as Headshot.

All of those are installed, activated and even registered on site.  

I have tried turning off my firewall as that's another suggestion from last year I keep seeing.  I have activated purchased items from the help menu.  All successfully activated.  I have activated entire library.  All successful.  I have viewed unpurchased items.  Nothing unpurchased.

Yet, no matter what, if I use the sliders to morph to even start morphing the base character, I always get a watermark.  Why?  And how can I fix it?  
mrtobycook
mrtobycook
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You should definitely contact support - start a ticket. The forum is relatively quiet at the moment for some reason. Support will help you faster probably?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d11fc97b-7387-4f19-bb1e-0785.png
virtualfilmer.com | youtube

luke (RL)
luke (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Power Developer
Last Active: 3 days ago
trond (7/23/2020)
I have updated to 3.3 But no i cant run the Software..
Get this Error Message:
"CCBasics. Pluggin Initialize Failed."

Have tried tu update to the newest Nvidia driver, but still get the Error.
Help Please!
Best Regards
Trond

Hi, Trond
If you don't mind, I want to remote control your computer to solve the issue, can you PM me?

luke (RL)
luke (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Power Developer
Last Active: 3 days ago
romfeo (7/23/2020)
I am having a serious issue with GOZ.

I was working for a long time on a character on ZBrush based on the previous CC3 Base.

Now that I have updated my software to v 3.3, which defaults to the new CC3 Base+, Character Creator does not recognize my model any more (imports the parts as cloths or accessories).

What can I do about it?

Hi, romfeo
you can use "Load Neutral Base" to use CC3 base
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/be1f870f-242f-4bb3-b8d6-9d89.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
colleen.callie (8/2/2020)
Getting Watermarks despite not having unpurchased content... and not on any trial.

Hi, I'm new to Character Creator, having just bought it a week or so ago.  I bought the ultimate digital human creation bundle with headshot.  After a few hours of looking for a solution, I kept coming across threads from last year saying the fix was to get CC Essentials Morph & Skin pack.  As far as I could tell that's outdated and replaced with the Ultimate Digital Human Bundle 4-in-1 (SkinGen, Ultimate Morphs, Realistic Skin, Makeup & SFX)  All of which I have, as it was included in the bundle I bought, as well as Headshot.

All of those are installed, activated and even registered on site.  

I have tried turning off my firewall as that's another suggestion from last year I keep seeing.  I have activated purchased items from the help menu.  All successfully activated.  I have activated entire library.  All successful.  I have viewed unpurchased items.  Nothing unpurchased.

Yet, no matter what, if I use the sliders to morph to even start morphing the base character, I always get a watermark.  Why?  And how can I fix it?  

Sorry to hear you are having these problems.

Please can you contact our Technical Support department and provide your dxdiag.txt for them. They will try and help you get this issue resolved.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
So I've requested to join the beta of CC3 Base+ model specifically because of on going problems with painting & displacement.
With latest CC3 update I'm sad to report again that CC3 fails to be compatible with Displacement.  I was hoping together we could of fixed this before the recent release. As an example, you can't have a V shaped UV seam,  it would have to be closer to a U shape. In between the fingers you have a a few 90 degree angles. All other areas of the body having 90 degree angles will cause problems.  Problems such as holes/tearing and texture stretching happen. This issue has been going on for several years and should be corrected otherwise the Characters aren't really that ideal for the artist that wishes to do realistic displacement painting -It would be a high end creation tool otherwise. Personally this is a glaring issue that has been long overlooked that could make Reallusion's Character Creator really stand out with limitless possibilities. Again this issue isn't just limited to fingers, UVs ideally should follow smooth contours of the body.   https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Request-to-join-Character-Creator-beta-for-Character-Development-for-the-Marketplace

Displacement toggled off below (not completely disabled but rather low poly mode)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5830d8a9-bcfa-4806-88bc-65bb.jpg

Displacement toggled on below
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f6afbe7d-225a-4758-9f25-d466.jpg

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Ascensi
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

planetstardragon (7/31/2020)
Hi Peter,

keeping it real,  rent and food first -shrug-     

I understand what you mean. I held out on getting a 4K monitor for a long time because the prices were so high (thankfully coming down now). 1920 x 1080 monitors on the other hand are quite cheap now so it shouldn't really be a big investment to get a good quality 1080 HD output which will really benefit iClone and CC. However, hopefully we can help keep low res monitors supported for as long as possible.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Elyssa (8/1/2020)
I'm curious, 
Can I do these in cc3+ without Skin Gen Premium? 
Or can I do these with Skin Gen Premium?  
Or can't I do these ?

1. Changing eyebrow or eyelash color. 
    Default color is brown. I want to make them black.

You don't need the SkinGen Plug-in to make basic changes.

For example for eyelashes, just switch to the Appearance tab of the Modify Panel, Select Makeup > Eyelashes and then change the color as indicated below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/64e1818a-10ba-4777-9d94-b96d.jpg

2. remove freckle
3. remove mustache and beard

I could remove freckle, mustache and beard in Appearance Editor. But can't find these functions in cc3+.

Freckles and facial hair are just SkinGen layers that you apply from Content Manager > Skin  > Blemish or Body Hair. If you apply them and want to remove them just right click the layer in SkinGen and click Delete.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/eea55a4b-4ac4-449d-83d0-94b8.jpg

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

xzevlin (7/30/2020)
When I deactivate the Skin editor, my characters lose their bump maps. I have noticed this across 5 different characters that I've been working on. Flattening the layers and then deactivating has no effect.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1cd188e8-6328-4227-a9c0-6149.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7d1eef27-07bc-494b-8689-e342.jpg

Do make sure your Preferences (CTRL+P) > Real-time Render Settings > Max Texture Size is set to at least 4096 x 4086. If it is set lower than your SkinGen settings you will notice a blurring of the textures when you deactivate the SkinGen editor.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you all for the continued feedback. 

The Character Creator team is monitoring this thread but please remember for critical issues which are seriously affecting your use of CC3 you can contact Technical Support for assistance. And for non-critical issues, please report them in the Feedback Tracker. This is very important so please don't just post non-critical issues here as they may be missed. 

Thank you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic