CC3 to Unity | Character Mouth Opens when Animating

Posted By Dan Miller 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
The problem is my character's mouth opens when placing any type of animation on the character. This is a CC3 base in Unity. I think I recall one of Kai's videos saying to disable a bone to the mouth to correct that problem. However, if I do that, will I still be able to have my character speak? This is for film so the character will be speaking a lot. Any other solutions besides disabling bones? Thanks.
Edited
5 Years Ago by danmiller
nfandino
nfandino
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello,

Your problem is that your animation does not have Jaw's bone. Unity interprets that the bone Jaw has a value of 0, thus opening the character's mouth. The closed mouth value on CC3 characters is 90 if I remember correctly.

To solve your problem, I advise you to retarget your animations on a CC3 character, and to have keys on all bones. That solved my problem. It's a bit constraining on large files, but it's effective.

Reading This Topic