no dynamic appearance textures

Posted By Rottadamic 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rottadamic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago
dynamic appearance textures does not work with any even the default characters and clothing. And I know I am not the only one with this problem
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f40c707c-4499-482c-b866-eb4d.jpg

My Youtube Channel

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
dynamic appearance textures

In a tread say Wires
This works not with CC 3 Avatars
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Rottadamic
Rottadamic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

I want a refund Sad if I known about that, I would have think 2 for buying it, man, you can't create properly without it!

My Youtube Channel

Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
It does not work on ANY characters!! I AM LIVID! How can you even CALL it "Character Creator" when you cannot CREATE without dynamic texture editing now?  I may have NEVER purchased CC3 had I known this - I am SO much more than 'disappointed' I cannot even begin to tell you folks out there. I am SHOCKED they put this out like this. They SHOULD have named it "Polygon Reduction & Clothing Creator 1" If this is NOT going to be fixed - I WILL ask for a refund. WILL THIS BE FIXED??  ~V~ CrazyAngry

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

Edited
6 Years Ago by Rogue Anime
3Dtest...
3Dtest...
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago

Just checked...it can be activated on the Base_Substance Avatars in the content/project/template/avatars folder as well as on certain props, such as 'plaid shirt' but the fact that it can't be activated on everything makes me guess that this feature may be still under development, and currently only works with surfaces which are already substance mapped

wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
A "work around" for this issue is outlined in this post from the "Known issues" thread.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

dante1st
dante1st
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Rogue Anime (9/29/2018)
It does not work on ANY characters!! I AM LIVID! How can you even CALL it "Character Creator" when you cannot CREATE without dynamic texture editing now?  I may have NEVER purchased CC3 had I known this - I am SO much more than 'disappointed' I cannot even begin to tell you folks out there. I am SHOCKED they put this out like this. They SHOULD have named it "Polygon Reduction & Clothing Creator 1" If this is NOT going to be fixed - I WILL ask for a refund. WILL THIS BE FIXED??  ~V~ CrazyAngry

It's hard for me to fathom that this feature was left out. If that was a choice, then make it CLEAR on the product page. There any many things that weren't clear to me, that, had I known, I wouldn't have bought it. I would've stuck with the regular, free version.

1) Can't edit textures

2) Can't use low poly characters that EVERYONE was raving about. You can only reduce the clothes' polygons. The avatar textures can only be reduced for the game stuff that I have no idea about, or have no desire to use. I only have this program to make movies. Why be so vague about it? Why not make it clear: "InstaLOD for iClone ONLY reduces clothes' polygon, whereas for game creation, you can reduce the character polygon." So that means I have no purpose for this tool, as I STILL can't create crowds in a way that I was led to believe I could. Reducing clothes takes off about 20k polys at best, which still leaves me with a 20k-30k avatar. Hardly viable for "crowd creation."

3) And my biggest issue, which won't be an issue for anyone else, is that, the RL Heads package isn't compatible for a CC3 character. You can of course apply it to a CC1 character, and then convert it to CC3, but doing that degrades the quality. Again, in hindsight, I guess this makes sense from a technical perspective (the CC3 characters are a completely different base, so an older RL Head can't be applied), but why not just say that somewhere? Why leave things ambiguous as if you're trying to mislead the customer? Be crystal clear about what it can, and can't do. That's good customer service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My iClone short films: https://www.youtube.com/iClone316

Rottadamic
Rottadamic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

dante1st (9/30/2018)

2) Can't use low poly characters that EVERYONE was raving about. You can only reduce the clothes' polygons. The avatar textures can only be reduced for the game stuff that I have no idea about, or have no desire to use. I only have this program to make movies. Why be so vague about it? Why not make it clear: "InstaLOD for iClone ONLY reduces clothes' polygon, whereas for game creation, you can reduce the character polygon." So that means I have no purpose for this tool, as I STILL can't create crowds in a way that I was led to believe I could. Reducing clothes takes off about 20k polys at best, which still leaves me with a 20k-30k avatar. Hardly viable for "crowd creation."

Yes, I was looking forwart to this for use on big scenes, but nooooo Sad

My Youtube Channel

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
dante1st (9/30/2018)
[quote]

Not ideal I know....

But I found this is possible…...

Example of work flow used:

Load dressed standardbase male avatar in CC3.

Convert to CC3 avatar.

Convert to Game avatar.

Use LOD Remesher

Export FBX.

Load .fbx into 3DX7 forauto bone mapping (Facial does not work but body does)

Send to Iclone.

Result :

Standard Base Maleavatar : 49694

Remeshed: 4202

Take a look.......

I`m happy to useresult as part of low poly crowd.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1605af04-4f2d-493d-b588-6d84.jpg

Limits on this method are:-

3DX7 required.

Export licence, as appropriate, for some content converted to .fbx

We need LOD remesher to export in iAvatar format to avoid need for 3DX7 and export license when results will only be used in Iclone.

See Roberto`s post onthe Feedback tracker.

Geoff.

EDIT: I used a base content avatar as a working example because this included clothes and hair but does not require addition .fbx export license for any of the content.Smile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

Edited
6 Years Ago by Galfridus
brand468
brand468
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2f7cfb51-b344-4f90-80dd-ffba.jpg

Thank you Galfridius, amazing I tested and it works perfectly Smile

My computer: Intel i7-7700K 4.2Hhz 64Gb, Windows 10, GeForce GTX 1080 + GeForce GTX 1070, Phillips monitor 40" 4K  3840x2160 + 2x28" 

Edited
6 Years Ago by brand468

Reading This Topic