Want to confirm a bug for me?

Posted By Kelleytoons 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Amper Sand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
@Kelleytoons
You could try to do a hair "conform" operation before anything else. I haven't tried lately, but in the previous versions of CC almost constantly I had systematic crashes on high-poly imported hair and props if I didn't conform them first.

Edited
3 Years Ago by ampertox
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Yep, as Nicole said, you have to delete the original copy. It is invisible (visible). Kind of backward. Otherwise it is indeed crashes. But, it does prompt me for restore after I restart CC.

Delete Highlighted one (this is Rochelle hair):
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/beba012f-5d58-4780-b703-e94b.jpg

On a side note. They have to fix an ROV issue in CC (the same way they did in iClone). This hair looks like crap in CC.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d2607b5d-4af5-4f28-985a-6748.jpg

Same hair in iClone:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbce35b1-8e81-4930-8f2a-b0c8.jpg

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges
3DChick
3DChick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I'm actually surprised it didn't crash before, if you weren't deleting that "invisible version" first.

I think it's the original, so if you don't like the reduced version you just turn that back on. Glad 4u2ges posted a screenshot. I tend to reduce in increments, and that way I can go back to the version I like.

And, yeah! I don't know what ROV means but that hair looks truly awful. Bizarre.

Nicole

3 Years Ago by nelm2010
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

And, yeah! I don't know what ROV means but that hair looks truly awful. Bizarre.

I do not remember what it means either (I do not even remember if I ever knew Smile) But I fixed it...

If you guys have an issue with opacity artifacts for some hair in CC, go ahead and change the value of EnableROV to 1 in registry (it was 0 in my case), then restart CC.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/45478694-95f9-4a92-84e8-577f.jpg

Looks good now in CC as well:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/878d0776-a364-4c5b-948b-6ffc.jpg

Amper Sand
Amper Sand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
4u2ges (4/4/2021)I do not remember what it means either (I do not even remember if I ever knew Smile) But I fixed it...
If you guys have an issue with opacity artifacts for some hair in CC, go ahead and change the value of EnableROV to 1 in registry (it was 0 in my case), then restart CC.

https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost436535.aspx

Edited
3 Years Ago by ampertox
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks ampertox, exactly! And Now I remember what ROV means: Rasterized Order View (not Remotely Operated Vehicle) Smile

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 minute ago
See -- this is why I love this forum.  I learned two things I didn't know (and really NEEDED to know).

As to the invisible original - I guess I can plead that, by and large, I never really used poly reduction until this week when I started going through all my Daz hair (several hundred) to convert to the new system.  So I probably should have read the manual.  But it isn't very intuitive that there is an extra thingee there.  

And, yes Mr. G, I've been having all kinds of opacity issues with hair in CC so I need to try that ROV fix and see if that will help.  Honestly, I was just scratching my head and thought something was very, very weird but since I have so many different Daz hairs I'd just move on to the next one and not worry about it (I'll never use all the hair I have.  Not in my lifetime).  So this is a huge help, assuming after I make that change it fixes those issues I was having.  But why I missed that discussion in the first place I don't know and don't have any excuse for (as a very general rule I tend to at least remember discussions about things, even if I don't remember the details.  Maybe that happened during my surgery last year).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

So I looked and there isn't even an EnableROV keyword in my version of CC3.  So, not even set to 0 or 1.

I went ahead and added one.  Don't know what that will do just yet, but just thought I'd mention it to others who might be looking for it.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh no entry? That's weird. Sometimes HKCU (HKEY_CURRENT USER) registry hive needs to be refreshed for the desired app.
I usually back it up and then delete respective app key with all subkeys under it and then restart the app.
In most cases it defaults back to the factory settings (Preferences section in CC and iClone).

Not recommended though if someone does not have experience with registry (very easy to screw up) w00tWhistling

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, I don't think it's a case of refreshing or anything - this was on a clean boot.  That key just isn't there (which begs the question whether it's there anymore at all -- perhaps others can check their own system to see).

I assume you looked again after installing the latest, Mr. G, to be sure you still had that key?  Now -- I did try (very briefly) a hair I *thought* I had had an opacity issue with before and it seemed... better.  But it was the briefest of tests.  I'm off now to try one I KNOW didn't work before (that is, when I consolidated some materials suddenly holes started to appear).  We'll see if this makes any difference or not.

Also -- I can still crash the system consistently and so for others to try -- after you consolidate one ore more materials (in the modify textures) then go to Physics weight maps.  This ALWAYS crashes CC3 for me (only way around is to first save and then reload the hair -- it's as if the weight maps for physics are screwed up after a material consolidation and don't "get it").

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic