Profile Picture

What to Expect in the Second Half of 2019

Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
Werepug5005
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Spotted it earlier but just have to say this is awesome progress! Smile 
gerdich
gerdich
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Wonderful progress. I would like to have a hair creator and an easy way to export calv and hair to model it in an external tool.

... and like always: I would like to see a redistributable engine to integrate interactive reallusion projects in my apps on iOS, Android, Windows and OSX, without the bias of Unity.
Dorothy Jean
Dorothy Jean
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hello!!! Love the new updates! I can't wait.
One thing I still have not seen an answer for is if Headshot will come with CC3 or if it is a extra paid plug in we will need to buy. If so, is there an estimate on what the cost will be?
Also, when it comes to the wrinkle system and new skin generator, if we were to export an FBX of the character to use in a game engine will we loose these features or will they export over onto the character?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Hi Tony,

TonyDPrime (7/29/2019)
ME WANT NOW.
This looks awesome!
Can I make an early request, to have 2 or 3 Blend channels per material, and not just 1? 

May you specify the scenario of the 2 or 3 blend channels per material?

Also, Unreal developers love that wetness line between the eye and eye lid, 'meniscus' I think it is called. 
Maybe have that as a mesh component for new CC3?

Yes, it's planned in CC 3.3. 
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Hi Polaraul,

No, there are different things. This function is to enhance flexibility of FBX export. For example, "Motion" FBX is a lightweight option for transferring animations and morph targets.

Polaraul (7/29/2019)
Miranda (RL) (7/29/2019)
  • Enhanced FBX export options for Mesh, Motion, Mesh & Motion

Does this mean that issue 5595 (the most voted feature on the issue tracker) will finally get addressed?

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

TonyDPrime (7/29/2019)
Oh...and PLEEEEEEASE
Let us export the character as a Tessellated Smoothed mesh!

It's not planned, and it's not possible at the current version either. Tessellation is computed by graphic card, not actually dividing the mesh. 
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Waterlane Studios,

Many thanks for sharing your observation and providing suggestions!
I will make another post for the general questions regarding to Digital Human Shader, Wrinkle System, HD Skin Generator, Headshot, JCM. Thank you!

Waterlane Studios (8/4/2019)

Three more things I’m keen to see:

1. A ‘One Click Unity HDRP export…’ (when Unity take hdrpout of preview that is)

Can you specify what it is? Scenario?

2. I posted before about making the skin around the eye move when looking around(I really feel this will help reduce the feeling of ‘looking lifeless’.

There will be wrinkle occurred, but no effectiveness on skin texture.

3. Smooth blending for joints, but when/with clothed
4. (I can’t count) – Improved lip/face syncing (performance capture)

3 & 4 are not planned yet.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello everyone,

Glad to know that you are excited for the upcoming features! We also got super positive feedback from the Siggraph show last week. 
Many of you asked about the details of certain functions, so let me do a quick summary in this post.  Welcome to let us know what else you'd like to know.

1. Digital Human Shader
  • The work in progress image was created in early June. We are still adjusting the shaders, and will mind the flaws you pointed out.

2. Wrinkle System
  • The coverage of wrinkle maps is face and neck. Hands or joints are not included.
  • The wrinkle maps will be exported along with FBX file, but the dynamic effect depends on the destination tools you are using. For example, there is a controller in UE4, and we will update our auto-setup tool to make it compatible.

3. HD Skin Generator
  • The concept for the Skin Generator is based on real human skin and makeup system, so it's suitable for people from different races and people in different ages.
  • The character with skin textures created by Skin Generator can be exported to third party tools.

4. Headshot
  • It's a paid plug-in for CC.  The price and bundle deals will be announced later.
  • While we set high standard on the result of auto-conversion, we will release some morph sliders for further tweak to get the best result.

The following features require further testing and experiment, and it's firmed to be removed from 2019 roadmap:
  • Joint Controlled Morphs (or JCM): we encountered a severe performance issue, and haven't found a solution at the moment.  We will keep you updated if there is any progress.
  • Film Base: instead of providing subdivision mesh to present high definition muscle and body details, there will be an optimized character base comes with CC 3.3.  The main updates on this base will be eye enhancement to present realistic human, such as adding tear line and occlusion mesh.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Waouh, can't wait, finally TEARS line !!! thank you...

Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Miranda (RL) (8/6/2019)
Hello everyone,

3. HD Skin Generator
  • The concept for the Skin Generator is based on real human skin and makeup system, so it's suitable for people from different races and people in different ages.
  • The character with skin textures created by Skin Generator can be exported to third party tools.

4. Headshot
  • It's a paid plug-in for CC.  The price and bundle deals will be announced later.
  • While we set high standard on the result of auto-conversion, we will release some morph sliders for further tweak to get the best result.

Can users who have purchased CC not enjoy the bundling discount?
And I am concerned about whether the HD Skin Generator is free update 

Reading This Topic