Posted By Gren 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Cry
Gren
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello,

I purchased most of the Reallusion software and installed it but I am have trouble with IClone 4 Pro. I installed Iclone 4 Pro first then the content but I am getting errors on screen even when i try a template. I am runniing Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit and UAC is disabled, and I have the show windows hidden files enabled so I can see all files.

I am attaching 2 screenshots of the a couple of the errors, the first says i am missing a codec and the other says it cant find the files. And yes it happens on every template as I tried them all.

For the screenshot the whole error does not show but it says:
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\iClone 4 Custom\Project\iClone 4 Project\Fire.avi"

For the path I don't have a C:\Documents and Settings\* on my at all not sure why it is trying to look there either.

I have only had the software just over a day and am totally new to it and to and 3D software.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Gren
Attachments
IClone 4 err 1.jpg (115 views, 481.00 KB)
IClone 4 err 2.jpg (98 views, 549.00 KB)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 hours ago
Hi Gren

Did you move any files or folders after installation of iClone4?

When iClone4 installs it will set your system registry with the locations of your installed content. Then when you load a project or other content in iClone it will know where to look for the files.

It would seem from the errors you are receiving that maybe files or folders have been moved or that installation was not completed successfully leaving you with registry errors.

I would advise uninstalling iClone4, restarting your computer and then installing again. You will notice during the installation procedure that iClone asks you for the install locations of the default and your own custom content. It is wise to make a note of these locations so you know where the content has been installed to for future reference.

Give the reinstall a try and see if this solves the problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Gren
Gren
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)Veteran Member (579 reputation)

Hello,

Thanks for the fast reply to my issue, I appreciate it.

I only installed IClone 4 Pro yesterday and did not move a single file.
After the install completed I never touched the software till today and thats when i noticed all the errors when i tried any template.

If you say to uninstall and reinstall does the program automatically deactivate so I dont have a problem installing again? Also do i have to uninstall all the software like the IClone 4 3Dxchange or only IClone 4 Pro?

Thanks in advance
Gren
Gren
Cry
Gren
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hello,

1) Ok i did a full uninstall of the software then restarted.

2) I then installed IClone 4 Pro and noted the directories as C:\User\Public Documents\Reallusion listed for both directories.
3) restarted
4) Then I opened IClone 4 and an update shows so I installed the update.
5) restarted
6) opened IClone 4 Pro and tried templates, I still get errors depending on template and the error is similar on every template.
7) Downloaded K-lite mega pac both 32 and 64bit.
8) installed k-lite 32 bit mega pack & restarted
9) Opened IClone 4 and tried a template I still get Codec error and I still get the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\iClone 4 Custom\Project\iClone 4 Project\*****.avi "
10) Closed IClone and installed K-lite 64bit pack and then restarted.
11) Opened IClone and tried a template again. Still get both Codec error and the file path error.
12) closed IClone and Installed content again and then restarted.
13) opened IClone and tried again, and still get both errors.

I should also add I made sure my virus protection was disabled for each install as I always disable for known safe software on installs. Not sure what to do at this point as I am well versed in computers. Unless there is another method for Iclone to see the correct folder or content.

I went to the path listed on install and the files are all there and I have attached a screenshot of the path listed on install. So for some reason IClone 4 keeps looking for C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Reallusion\ ****.

please let me know
Thanks in advance
Gren

EDIT: I also just tried clicking the 1-Click verification in IClone and it finished but still no change. Lots and Lots of errors/missing files acording to IClone 4. It keeps looking in the wrong spot for every template and throwing up missing file errors such as "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Reallusion\Share Templates\Video\3D Video FX.wmv
C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 4\Template\iClone Template\Video\Water\WaterDiffuse01.avi
"

I am very irritated at this point with the software. Not really a good start for a new user who just spent hundreds of dollars on multiple pieces of software.

Attachments
IClone 4 file path.jpg (102 views, 670.00 KB)
Edited
13 Years Ago by Gren
musicaz
musicaz
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Sarcastic = maybe they should fix this version of iclone before they come out with another bug ridden one.. , hint , only a suggestion , mind you !!!
Gren
Gren
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hello,

I don't fault the Reallusion software a 100% nor the programers, as we all know Vista sucks A##.

The videos/tutorials on youtube look good for the software, which was one of my main reasons for getting them. As originally I purchase IClone 4 Standard from Serif software and the day I got it in the mail from them I purchased upgrade to pro and got almost all the other software. So I have only had it 2or 3 days now and was looking forward to playing.

Anyways I just hope the issue can be fixed with IClone 4 Pro.
Thanks
Gren
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Hi Gren

Sorry to hear your problems continue. Please contact Reallusion Support using the link below. They will be able to dig a little deeper and advise you further on how to resolve this. They should have you up and running very soon.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Gren (5/22/2011)
If you say to uninstall and reinstall does the program automatically deactivate so I dont have a problem installing again? Also do i have to uninstall all the software like the IClone 4 3Dxchange or only IClone 4 Pro?

If you always remember (when possible) to uninstall, while connected to the internet, before doing another install you will be credited back your installation. As you have a total of 5 fresh installs, by always uninstalling this count will never reach this limit.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

colour
colour
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Looks like for whatever reason, that the Program GUI Templates are looking for Windows XP File path & not Vista/W7 file Path, where the Content is Installed.

You might be able to either "Dag & Drop" the Content Templates from their "Containing" Folder into iClone Program Templates or directly onto the Previewsreen. More info re; that, in the User Manual (I think), as a temporary measure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gren
Gren
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hello,

Thanks for the replies and the help with my issue.

to make things more clear I uploaded a screen recording of the issues and put it on a test youtube account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VncRWhhbFaw

As for dragging in the items into IClone do you mean drag in the route folder where the templates are stored? If you watch the vid you will see what im talking about with the errors.

Thanks
Gren

Reading This Topic