Edit Motion Layer and Spring Effects

Posted By jessicalcrichton 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jessicalcrichton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi again. Thank you all for your ongoing help. It's really appreciated!

So this time, I'm trying to edit the motion layer to pull my character up to a standing position from a crouch. A message comes up saying it has spring effects and to add an "off" key to the spring layer, but it brings up the Edit Motion Layer box anyway, and lets me click around in it. However, IK Mode will work until I let the mouse click go, then the character bounces right back into his previous position. In FK Mode, the axis circles come up, but they won't move anything on the character. I've added the "off" keys to the spring layers as well, but the result is the same.

What do I do? Thank you again!
drphealthmd
drphealthmd
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I'm having this same problem. Did you ever find a fix?
jessicalcrichton
jessicalcrichton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I did, but I have no idea WHY it worked. LOL I turned off the messages that told me there were spring effects, and restarted the program. For some reason, that worked and I haven't had an issue since.

Reading This Topic