Questions & Issues

Posted By jlittle 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I'm working with the Free Bone system and am having issues.
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or an issue with the software.

I click on the "Create Free Bone Actor" and select my png image (leg).
First problem is that the actual image is not displayed correctly.
The picture below shows the actual image, the imported image which has a flaw in it in the upper right, and the image from the mask editor.

Second problem:
Next, in Composer mode, I add two (2) bones the the image works as expected.

I then add another bone to the bottom and everything is still as expected.

I then select the new bone (foot) and create a "New Layer", everything still as expected.
Next I replace the new bones image with a new png image.
Moving the same bone as before the first image no longer deforms as expected.

It seems that as soon as I change the image for the new (foot) bone that the (shank) bone disconnects from the image.
Either replacing the image or even using the mask editor causes this, any change to the foot bone image.
I tried using pins but no luck.

Did I do something wrong? Forgot a step?
How can I keep the second done (Shank) connected to the image?

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
jlittle (9/10/2016)
I'm working with the Free Bone system and am having issues.
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or an issue with the software.

I click on the "Create Free Bone Actor" and select my png image (leg).
First problem is that the actual image is not displayed correctly.
The picture below shows the actual image, the imported image which has a flaw in it in the upper right, and the image from the mask editor.

Second problem:
Next, in Composer mode, I add two (2) bones the the image works as expected.

I then add another bone to the bottom and everything is still as expected.

I then select the new bone (foot) and create a "New Layer", everything still as expected.
Next I replace the new bones image with a new png image.
Moving the same bone as before the first image no longer deforms as expected.

It seems that as soon as I change the image for the new (foot) bone that the (shank) bone disconnects from the image.
Either replacing the image or even using the mask editor causes this, any change to the foot bone image.
I tried using pins but no luck.

Did I do something wrong? Forgot a step?
How can I keep the second done (Shank) connected to the image?

Jeff

When apply motion to to a character, sometimes layers will seperate automatically.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b98dc7d2-459d-4d98-b2a4-56f0.png  https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d86703fa-6858-4f1c-9351-e0e7.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fb3666e9-610c-4777-b0ff-8ce1.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/27c6b688-bd09-4aa1-864b-9b37.png
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

After I add the bones I then create the different layers.
It's when a new layer is created from an existing layer that the last bone separates from its' parents image. (BUG!?)
To get by this issue I just add another bone after the last leg bone, add the foot bone on, then go back and shrink the extra leg bone.
Ex:
"Create Free Bone Actor", pick image, add bones to leg, add extra bone, then add foot bone.

Add image to foot bone.

Move Foot bone root over pivot (reduces extra leg bone to zero")

Now it works as expected,

Using this "fix:" I completed my Duck-Chicken Motion Bone Template.

Now on to creating some motions for it.

Jeff

Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!

toonsunlimited
toonsunlimited
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Can't wait to see your duck in action...it gives me some ideas for animal characters.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c09b5311-3ab1-47a8-995d-c2df.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a076bbd-c788-40a3-b65c-4995.png

Email: askjanell@toonsunlimited.com

Check Out My Channel For CTA "How To" Tutorials
  Follow me on Facebook for Characters in Development
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7e3e974d-b57b-4b3a-b000-da9f.png

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I certainly hope that the render style feature will be available for bone template sprites using swf files in the final version.
Using image files is fine but being able to change render styles/colors for swf sprites on a bone tempalte is a must!

Jeff

toonsunlimited
toonsunlimited
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
As of right now, it does not look like you can apply the Render Style to the Bone Templates.  Hopefully they will make the adjustment before the software is released.
I agree, having the ability to change the colors is a must.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c09b5311-3ab1-47a8-995d-c2df.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a076bbd-c788-40a3-b65c-4995.png

Email: askjanell@toonsunlimited.com

Check Out My Channel For CTA "How To" Tutorials
  Follow me on Facebook for Characters in Development
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7e3e974d-b57b-4b3a-b000-da9f.png

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Currently I don't see how to get SWF files to work with the bone system in the Beta version.
This means that render styles still can't be used with bone templates.

Jeff

Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

That is true. Render style can not work on Bone Base characters.
For the character comparison, please refer HERE.
Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

jlittle (9/13/2016)
After I add the bones I then create the different layers.
It's when a new layer is created from an existing layer that the last bone separates from its' parents image. (BUG!?)
To get by this issue I just add another bone after the last leg bone, add the foot bone on, then go back and shrink the extra leg bone.
Ex:
"Create Free Bone Actor", pick image, add bones to leg, add extra bone, then add foot bone.

Add image to foot bone.

Move Foot bone root over pivot (reduces extra leg bone to zero")

Now it works as expected,

Using this "fix:" I completed my Duck-Chicken Motion Bone Template.

Now on to creating some motions for it.

Jeff

If you find the edge of image was cut after load within creating bone actor in composer.
You might need increase the wireframe with the expand slider in the bone editor.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7da805c1-c1b8-4aa8-94d9-9031.jpg
Edited
8 Years Ago by Ola(RL)
ninichan
ninichan
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago

(Bug Report!) I pick a free bone character, click the Edit motion layer button, then the system crushed.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/672f92ab-5b92-431f-bbc1-1d04.png

Reading This Topic