OFFICIAL Character Creator 1.52 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Everyone Smile

We have another new Character Creator update and need your continued assistance to help us track down any remaining bugs, glitches or other annoying issues. 

Character Creator 1.52 adds several exciting new customization features and also comes a number of important fixes and enhancements.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in the 1.52 update, please can you first report them in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread. However do make use of the Feedback Tracker first to log the issue.

As always, do feel free to post general feedback about Character Creator in your own threads, but it will help us greatly if we can keep all discussion of outstanding issue discussion in the one place.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting the issue. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem this will be even better.

Many thanks for your continued support. It is very much appreciated. Smile             

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
8 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
martok2112
martok2112
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Yeah, I have a big WTF issue with CC 1.5.   I was on the understanding that Blender was supposed to be one of the apps you could use to create cloth meshes for Character Creator/iClone!

Is this still going to be the case?   Or is Maya going to be the exclusive standard for this?.... for which I do not have however freaking many thousands of dollars to shell out for that program! 

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Well my first attempt at attaching and weightpainting a simple mesh to an FBX export in Carrara crashed it on re-import so that does not bode well.
Not overly concerned though as the essentials cloths coupled with accessories using softbody meet most my needs and can always just import CC iAvatars into 3DX5 as nonstandard too (6 gives me a few issues mostly with facial presets if I fiddle in Carrara with them but also works sort of)

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Wendy,

Carrara FBX is a slightly odd flavor. If you send a Carrara exported FBX to RL, they can probably get it working.

It has to do the base of the skeletal hierarchy being connected to nulls.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
martok2112 (7/15/2016)
Yeah, I have a big WTF issue with CC 1.5.   I was on the understanding that Blender was supposed to be one of the apps you could use to create cloth meshes for Character Creator/iClone!

Is this still going to be the case?   Or is Maya going to be the exclusive standard for this?.... for which I do not have however freaking many thousands of dollars to shell out for that program! 

Maya is a great option if you have it. But you can use any software that can import and export FBX, and do the rigging/weighting of course. Wink

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Aye...I've done rigging before, in Blender..   I actually managed (sometime back) to make iClone characters out of XNALara characters, with the exception of face rigging.

I'll just try and see if I can retrace me steps that I did for XNALara, and make them apply for Character Creator.

However, if there is someone amongst us who has knowledge of how to make these custom cloth meshes in Blender, a tutorial would be greatly appreciated.
If I happen to stumble upon how to do it meself, I will share the knowledge  (bruises and all) BigGrin

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
After updating to 1.5 of the CC missing DRM complains s for Essental pack and for all m one myself made CC avatars. I have the Essential pack already since last year. That should not happen.
What can I do? Can I herunterlaen and install from my Konot the Essential again?
Best regards from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Lily(RL)
Lily(RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Postfrosch (7/15/2016)
After updating to 1.5 of the CC missing DRM complains s for Essental pack and for all m one myself made CC avatars. I have the Essential pack already since last year. That should not happen.
What can I do? Can I herunterlaen and install from my Konot the Essential again?
Best regards from Germany
Postfrosch

Hi Postfrosch,

Could you provide more details to help reproducing the problem?
What kind of step will popup the missing DRM dialog?

Thank you
Lily
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
[quote]What kind of step will popup the missing DRM dialog?[/quote
Hi Lily,
I openable an avatar I created
- Then opens automatically, "Validate DRM" from the Tools Submissions-
(Would that was before the update to 1.5 is not so -I had the part I never used Weikl no Avatars offer for sale)
- In the local columns are then Slider from the Essentials as "missed" and "buy" gekennzeichnet.obwohl I have the Essential Pack.
I have now installed again.
Although you can click away the "Validate DRM" - but the next time the Avatars this file reopens.
It is not bad special just plain annoying
Also Morph slider that I will have created yourself called for
(see image)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7233690a-0caf-4731-a093-d69f.jpg

Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Kalex
Kalex
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hello !

With all those posts about CC 1.5 and FBX import... I wonder if it's possible to export previous G5 characters into FBX format and import them into CC 1.5 with all the clothes. It would certainly be time saving... But I don't know if it's possible and how to proceed, with the FBX key file =S

Any ideas ?

Thanks guys !

Reading This Topic