OFFICIAL Character Creator 1.52 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
mark (9/19/2016)
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem...Every time I try to click and load a new "Skin" for my CC avatar, CC crashes. I noticed this awhile back and thought drivers or the new versions would fix it for me but even with the newest video drivers and the latest CC version it is still happening. Now I can "Locate" the file, like a file from the "Essential Skin Collection", and drag it onto the avatar and it will work fine and not crash but not if I click on the Skin file in CC..not a deal killer ...but a bit of a pain.

Any thoughts?

I just tried this and for me applying the skin works without crashing. Unfortunately, I'm lacking thoughts...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

mark
mark
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks Job! I'm sure it's something with my system Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Cary B
Cary B
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
A quick question. I have started trying to use CC characters in Iclone ...and I find that I cannot link any objects or attach any objects to them. Nor Can I align any objects to them or have a camera or light "Look at" them. Is this normal? Is this something that is upgraded in one of the bundles you can purchase? 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/848c8492-ac67-42c2-9d27-461e.jpg

Emerald Animation...
Emerald Animation...
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Here's an interesting one.  I created a custom double-breasted jacket in Blender, and it imported just fine into CC.  However, it appears I can have the character wear the custom jacket, or pants, but not both.  If he is wearing pants and I add the jacket, the pants disappear.  If I add the pants back, the coat disappears.

I am going to try exporting two characters to iClone, one with pants, one with coat, and see if they can be combined there, but a fix in CC would be welcome.
wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Emerald Animation (formerly reelcheapfilms) (10/6/2016)
Here's an interesting one.  I created a custom double-breasted jacket in Blender, and it imported just fine into CC.  However, it appears I can have the character wear the custom jacket, or pants, but not both.  If he is wearing pants and I add the jacket, the pants disappear.  If I add the pants back, the coat disappears.

I am going to try exporting two characters to iClone, one with pants, one with coat, and see if they can be combined there, but a fix in CC would be welcome.

What you describe happens when clothing items have the same layer number. This can be set during the clothing import:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2a6e7baa-7bc8-4ce3-b222-657c.png

You can read more about setting the clothing layers in this post.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 13 minutes ago
Character Creator 1.52 has now been released.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in the 1.52 update, please can you first report them in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread. However do make use of the Feedback Tracker first to log the issue.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting the issue. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem this will be even better.

Many thanks for your continued support. It is very much appreciated. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Sorry peter.. this is way too frustrating for that tracker. and i don't want to wait a month for an answer. so here it is..

that content downloder update wiped out my microsoft visual cc + + again! so like dude.. what is wrong with you guys? are you guys smoking that wacky weed?

i tried system restore. but this time it won't recover the file. so what do I do now? redownload and re-install iclone 6 and CC ? and then go thru 3 days of verify?

you guys at RL got to get your poop together. this is getting really annoying.

Vidius
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 13 minutes ago
mr_vidius (10/7/2016)
Sorry peter.. this is way too frustrating for that tracker. and i don't want to wait a month for an answer. so here it is..

that content downloder update wiped out my microsoft visual cc + + again! so like dude.. what is wrong with you guys? are you guys smoking that wacky weed?

i tried system restore. but this time it won't recover the file. so what do I do now? redownload and re-install iclone 6 and CC ? and then go thru 3 days of verify?

Vidius

Hi Mr Vidius,

We are sorry to hear you have encountered problems with Visual C++. It may be linked to the build of Visual C++ you have installed and the one required by the downloader. However we are checking this to try and find the cause of the problem.

For now, please reinstall the package below.

Install both versions below to be sure.

vcredist_x64.exe
vcredist_x86.exe

This should resolve the resolve the problem for you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Peter (RL) (10/7/2016)
mr_vidius (10/7/2016)

Vidius

Hi Mr Vidius,

We are sorry to hear you have encountered problems with Visual C++. It may be linked to the build of Visual C++ you have installed and the one required by the downloader. However we are checking this to try and find the cause of the problem.

For now, please reinstall the package below.

Install both versions below to be sure.

vcredist_x64.exe
vcredist_x86.exe

This should resolve the resolve the problem for you.

thank you Peter for replying. First, this should not have happened in the first place. second. the content downloader disabled both IC6, and CC. the Visual C + + on my computer is up to date. the only thing effected was IC6 and CC. there was a MSVC120.dll message. the problem was resolved by re-installing IC6. after I did that. both IC6 and CC worked again. reinstalling visual C ++ didn't resolve the issue. so what ever the content down loader did . it is now considered  by me as public enemy #1. and I will be not downloading any update for that again. burn me once, shame on you.. burn me twice.. shame on me. burn me the third time.. it's all out war. again thank you for responding. and looking into this. now it's time for verify101. 3 days of fun just so I can finish a project.. geeez..Angry 
Emerald Animation...
Emerald Animation...
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
What you describe happens when clothing items have the same layer number. This can be set during the clothing import:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2a6e7baa-7bc8-4ce3-b222-657c.png

You can read more about setting the clothing layers in this post.

Thanks Wires, I changed the cloth layer of the coat and it worked a treat.

Reading This Topic