Show wave form for audio files

Posted By Dreamcube017 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dreamcube017
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I think it'd be pretty useful to be able to see the wave form of an audio file when working in the TimeLine. This would be very useful for cuing thigns up.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Dreamcube017 (10/9/2011)
I think it'd be pretty useful to be able to see the wave form of an audio file when working in the TimeLine. This would be very useful for cuing thigns up.

Wouldn't you do that in post?

I know what you're saying and to be honest those who want to do everything in iClone would find it useful but me.  I always overdub the lip sync in my editor so I can control the sound better.

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Edited
13 Years Ago by Capemedia
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

lol normally I'm the one saying this.

Maybe it's because of my odd workflow, but I usually start with the sound first to get the genral flow of things, then I sync the video to it.

The sound doesn't have to be great, it doesn't need to be edited, it just needs to be there as a reference.

For example, in many audio programs, you can import a video to match music and sounds to. You can't edit the video, you can just look at it. It's really useful though, especially if the program falls off sync. You think something's right on and you expot to find out it's not.

Also, how would you map your voices to animations after the fact? The voice is what gives the character... character. I'd think those would need to be there first so that you can really put them to the character. They don't have to sound great, then you can just replace them with the real ones in post.

***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
you could just open it in Audacity and size the windows above and below each other

then zoom to the selection seconds wise in both.

animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
OK, DC, here is a trick I just thought of. In IC5 you can now view the wave form of a character's dialog in the vocal track (under Facial Animation). So for any other audio file you want to sync to, simply add a dummy standard character (don't you love those dummies!) and import the audio file as speech.

I haven't tried this but it should work. It would allow you to line up animation with an existing sound file.

There is always a way in iClone, it's just a matter of finding it...w00t

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wow you can do that?? That's pretty darn useful!

I don't see why they just didn't let it happen for all the sound tracks. Thanks!

***BEST OF THE CORE**

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

I was delighted when I noticed the waveform for the dialog: you can now fine-tune your visemes within iClone. That display functionality should be easily carried over to all sounds, which would be quite useful.

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I thought there was a lip sync thing... well if that's not there, they should have it.

***BEST OF THE CORE**

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Sifr
Sifr
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Great snooping Animagic........

Hay Dreamcube I'm gonna reply on your thread as you suggested previously instead of starting a new thread....lolWink

I had previously requested numerous threads ago that it would be a great idea to assign each mouth phonic shape to an alphabet key so that you can just type the words under/over the waveform to fine tune the lip sync. This would save much time during editing and animation sync.......and by the way Dreamcube, in the animation industry the actors recordings are done well before any animation begins so your workflow is industry correct, any other way is considered ameturish..... atleast that's what my instructors conveyed to me.w00t

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Dreamcube017 (10/11/2011)
I thought there was a lip sync thing... well if that's not there, they should have it.

There is a lipsync feature, but is wanting: the asignment of visemes is not always accurate. I used to use CrazyTalk to fix this, but it's now possible to do it in iClone itself. Of course, if I'm in a hurry I just leave it the way it is.

Reading This Topic