Posted By Utimatios 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Smile
Utimatios
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello There,, BigGrin

At last I've been able to create a movie using some of the tutorials I learned for iClone .. I've created a Battle Scene that has the theme of Final Fantasy battles .. but without sound coz I don't know how to do it yet ..

In this video I used the Evil Force Pack, Super Hero Pack, HDR & IBL Tutorial, Camera Tutorials and Motion Tutorials .. and added the menus using Ulead VideoStudio 11 !

I hope you like it Wink

NOTE: PLEASE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE YOU HAVE ABOUT THIS MOVIE .. I'M STILL LEARNING AND THIS IS MY FIRST VIDEO CLIP ! PLEASE !!

Here is the link on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI_BCBYUnsU

OR AT LEAST, WHAT I WANT TO BE Wink

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Utimatios (8/28/2010)
I've created a Battle Scene that has the theme of Final Fantasy battles .. but without sound coz I don't know how to do it yet .
PLEASE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE YOU HAVE ABOUT THIS MOVIE .. I'M STILL LEARNING AND THIS IS MY FIRST VIDEO CLIP ! PLEASE !!

If this is your first animated clip, then you are learning well, Grasshopper! You're animating 6 characters, the camera, and lots of special effects. I think this is a brilliant accomplishment for a newcomer. Hope to see you working with iClone a long time; you're going to be great.

By the terms of videogame style, this was probably pretty faithful and will be appreciated by fans of that genre.

As nearly a complete stranger to videogames, I found this piece a lot of fun to watch because it is so surreal. The deviations from reality, which are pretty constant, are very campy, even stylish, and humorous. I hope you don't take that the wrong way; I mean what I said, as a complete outsider, I found it a lot of fun to watch.

PS NOT doing your audio inside iClone is a GOOD thing, not a BAD thing. Give yourself a break and always do all your audio work in post-production.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Edited
14 Years Ago by Paumanok West
Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Paumanok West (8/28/2010)
PS NOT doing your audio inside iClone is a GOOD thing, not a BAD thing. Give yourself a break and always do all your audio work in post-production.

This is great advice!

I only use the soundtrack in iClone for lipsync and even then in post I sometime re-dub the vocal files with the relevant effects - Reverb etc.

On a very basic setup you should have at least 4 sound tracks:-

* The original soundtrack from the file (i.e. Lip sync)

* Additional atmospheric sound (i.e street noise)

* Specific sounds to that scene (i.e. car passing, engine idle etc)

* Score / Music (i.e. depended on the emotional feel of the scene)

Granted there are times when I need more tracks, but this is just the basics.

For your film / video you would have the game music, the character movement sound and the attack sounds.  Maybe additional sounds for the score hits and the interaction for the user menu.

Hope this helps

Cape!

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Edited
14 Years Ago by Capemedia
Wolfzone Digital
Wolfzone Digital
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I'd agree with what both of my esteemed colleagues have added here. Also, with one who is familar with vids, your representation of this style within iclone is great. To dress it up a bit I'd throw some static high res image plains into the background for visual effect. Great job on your first vid

WOLF'S TRADING POST IS OPEN COME IN FOR A VISIT

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/680ac2cc-79cf-4f18-bede-82c9.png

"May you one day see what my eyes have seen...and be better for it" - Wolf
www.wolfzonedigital.com

Utimatios
Smile
Utimatios
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)

I really would like to thank you all .. I really appreciate this BigGrin

Paumanok West (8/28/2010)
You're animating 6 characters, the camera, and lots of special effects. I think this is a brilliant accomplishment for a newcomer.
PS NOT doing your audio inside iClone is a GOOD thing, not a BAD thing.

oh .. when you said that I felt like "I really did a lot" .. but it's been over a month now for me learning how to use iClone .. and I'm so glad you like it .. that's a relief !

about the Audio .. I thought about using iClone just to record voice for Facial Animation .. I hope that's good ..

Capemedia (8/29/2010)
I only use the soundtrack in iClone for lipsync and even then in post I sometime re-dub the vocal files with the relevant effects - Reverb etc.
For your film / video you would have the game music, the character movement sound and the attack sounds.  Maybe additional sounds for the score hits and the interaction for the user menu.

about the Audio .. I thought about using iClone just to record voice for Facial Animation .. well still I don't know how to change the facial animation mood ex. from angry to sad or anything else, when I set it to something it takes the full video with the same mood Smile

and about the games music .. I've the OST but not the sound effects .. and I said it may be illegal to use this kind of stuff without permission ..
Please .. if you know where to get some sound effects for this kind of videos (swords slashing, magic casting, hits .. etc) please tell me Wink

Wolfzone (8/29/2010)
I'd agree with what both of my esteemed colleagues have added here. Also, with one who is familiar with vids, your representation of this style within iclone is great. To dress it up a bit I'd throw some static high res image plains into the background for visual effect. Great job on your first vid

Thanks Wz .. but do you mean by that change the texture of the terrain or what ? .. I mean what do you mean by plains ?

THANKS A LOT TO ALL OF YOU .. I'M VERY GLAD YOU LIKED IT .. THIS IS A GREAT MOTIVATION FOR ME TO PROCEED FORWARD !!

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Utimatios (8/29/2010)well still I don't know how to change the facial animation mood ex. from angry to sad or anything else, when I set it to something it takes the full video with the same mood Smile

In the Facial Animation / Modify panel you have Expression Style(s) which, in actual practice, "overlay" the Visemes of speech, giving emotion to the speech. (At the risk of confusing you, the Viseme track literally "overlays" the Expression track in the Timeline, but that's a totally different meaning of the same word.)

I hope I am correct in saying that the Visemes together with the Expression make a script. But maybe that Facial Layer track is part of this as well.

The reason you are getting a reset when you choose an emotion Script from the Content Manager is because those files load a replacement script, not an overlay, into the Viseme and Expression tracks.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Utimatios
Utimatios
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Paumanok West (8/29/2010)
The reason you are getting a reset when you choose an emotion Script from the Content Manager is because those files load a replacement script, not an overlay, into the Viseme and Expression tracks.

OK .. I got that Smile    but isn't there anyway to avoid that ?

I mean if I creat a scene with someone who speaks normally then he got mad .. then he calmed down .. is that possible ?

Thanks a lot

Illustrator Cathy
Illustrator Cathy
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Welcome!

Great first video!

Good resources for free and Royalty-free sound files can be found here:

http://iclone-the-missing-link.wikispaces.com/Soundtrack

Good Luck!
Cathy Hehe

Just click on the graphic to go there.

Utimatios
Utimatios
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Anim8torCathy (8/29/2010)
Welcome!

Great first video!

Good resources for free and Royalty-free sound files can be found here:

http://iclone-the-missing-link.wikispaces.com/Soundtrack

Good Luck!
Cathy Hehe

Thanks Cathy .. that's really what I need ! and I'm glad you like my vid BigGrin

warlord720
warlord720
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Nice work.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

Reading This Topic