Profile Picture

Any chance to have MotionPlus files supported?

Posted By Kelleytoons 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I'll need to watch everything here later this evening but from a first glance it appears I can take my Perception Neuron suit captures that I use in iClone and apply them to 2D characters in CTA, which is great.  It appears I can do this "live" using the plugin, or save out the motion files and apply them afterwards.  However -- I also know that CTA has facial mocap supported (with the right plugin, which I have).  And so, of course, does iClone.  When I save a MotionPlus file from iClone, I get both body and facial animation.  Is there any chance you folks are considering allow this to happen as well in CTA?  (I suspect it would be too much to hope for to have a "Live" component for this as well, but I don't need that).

To me that's the logical extension of all of this.  You need to tie ALL the pieces together, even if that means the 2D characters need to be the 360 head ones or some such (the ones that are not could simply ignore the facial part of the animation file).  That way I could take advantage of, say, the superb libsync procedures in iClone and easily transfer them over to CTA (and forgive me if this is all already possible -- I'm still new to CTA and trying to get up to speed).

Just a thought.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (11/18/2020)
I'll need to watch everything here later this evening but from a first glance it appears I can take my Perception Neuron suit captures that I use in iClone and apply them to 2D characters in CTA, which is great.  It appears I can do this "live" using the plugin, or save out the motion files and apply them afterwards.  However -- I also know that CTA has facial mocap supported (with the right plugin, which I have).  And so, of course, does iClone.  When I save a MotionPlus file from iClone, I get both body and facial animation.  Is there any chance you folks are considering allow this to happen as well in CTA?  (I suspect it would be too much to hope for to have a "Live" component for this as well, but I don't need that).

To me that's the logical extension of all of this.  You need to tie ALL the pieces together, even if that means the 2D characters need to be the 360 head ones or some such (the ones that are not could simply ignore the facial part of the animation file).  That way I could take advantage of, say, the superb libsync procedures in iClone and easily transfer them over to CTA (and forgive me if this is all already possible -- I'm still new to CTA and trying to get up to speed).

Just a thought.

This is Kyle from Reallusion.
Thank you very much for your feedback.
The new Motion Link plug-in puts more focus on motion editing.
At the current stage, it doesn't support iClone's facial expression. With the new Moion Link Plug-in, we allow iClone users create and edit the motion in iClone, live-link and send the edited motion to Cartoon Animator. In that way, iClone becomes a powerful animation system for Cartoon Animator.

You asked whether Cartoon Animator supports "iMotionPlus" format in order to send the facial expression in iClone to Cartoon Animator. It is possible, yet at the current stage, there are still some technical difficulties to break through. We will do research on how to map  Cartoon Animator lip-sync system with iClone.

You can provide the suggestion in the Feedback Tracker. The CTA team will then investigate and give you a status update in the tracker. Thanks again.

Edited
4 Years Ago by kylelee
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Okay, I've put this in the Feedback Tracker.

The more I play around with transferring my Perception Neuron captures from iClone to CTA the more I think the facial piece is really needed.  If we could create content in iClone that could be leveraged into 2D it would make CTA a very powerful production tool.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thank you, we hear your voice, we will seriously consider your suggestion and try to break through the lip-sync limitation on the future version.
Edited
4 Years Ago by kylelee

Reading This Topic