Profile Picture

Purchased Earth Sculptor - imports mesh to IC4 but no colors - all dark??

Posted By particleboy 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Purchased Earth Sculptor - imports mesh to IC4 but no colors - all...

Author
particleboy
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hi,

I purchased iClone4 a week ago so please forgive my ignorance.

How can I get the textures to import and show up properly? I use the default mesh in Earth Sculptor and export with a scale of 2 as suggested in the pipeline documentation.

Then I import the mesh in IC4 as a Prop/ Import and I can see a dark, black mountain without any textures or lighting. I am probably doing something stupid - could anyone give me a pointer to getting this to work?

Thanks

added a grab of what I am getting when I import into IC4
Attachments
earth.bmp (226 views, 6.00 KB)
Edited
14 Years Ago by particleboy
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hmm... I have the free version of Earch Sculper, so I can say this.

You can export the texture map by itself and then add it in the materials section.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
particleboy
particleboy
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Thanks Dreamcube,

that worked. First I exported the mesh, and then exported the texture as a png. I unchecked "Hardware render" otherwise the texture came across as black. I imported the mesh by double-clicking on the Diffuse box in the Materials section.

Works great! Thanks again

Reading This Topic