Combining and saving prop parts

Posted By paulg625 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
paulg625
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have brought prop parts over from Daz they are brought into Iclone as props. I want to combine these props and save them as a set or as a single prop. I can save as a scene but want to bring the combined object in to other projects. I can combine in daz but it is easier to work with in Iclone. any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cricky
This post has been flagged as an answer
Cricky
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

paulg625 (12/26/2016)
I have brought prop parts over from Daz they are brought into Iclone as props. I want to combine these props and save them as a set or as a single prop. I can save as a scene but want to bring the combined object in to other projects. I can combine in daz but it is easier to work with in Iclone. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Assemble all the items in a Project.
and do one the following:

1.  Pick a single item of the group assembled in the Project screen, and then "Attach" all the other items to it; then it becomes the only single prop you have to save, as all the other items will follow it as children or sub-props.

2. Insert a Box, and make it a dummy.  Make it a dummy before any attachments is done. Attach everything else in the scene to it.  Rename the "Box" anything you want to describe the "Group" attached to it (i.e. Living Room, Kitchen, Bath, etc.).  The dummy will not show in the scene unless you press "CTRL+D", and once saved you only have to put it in the scene after saving and the other items will appear as you attached them.  

Some additional things to consider:

It would be a good idea if you did all this in frame 01.  
Once all items are attached and positioned, remove all animations.  Removing "All Animations" from the box will also remove animations from items already attached, as they are considered children to the base dummy.  

Once saved the single combined prop can be used in the future in any other project you assemble.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Thanks worked on it out this morning using the information you provided and was able to save my group as a single prop.

Reading This Topic